X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NJGiants92
    • Jul 2007

Domain name

Hey, I am a little confused.

I want to buy a leased license and a domain name. Does the domain name come with the license, or do I have to pay for that seperatly?

I also wanted to add the free vBadvanced page to my forum once I get it, is that a good service?
  • Boxy
    • Oct 2002

The cost of a leased license, $85 is for the license only. You will need to register a domain yourself and find a webserver package to host your site on separately.

We don't offer a hosted solution, but if you need help finding a suitable host please post in the Hosting Options forum.

vBadvanced is a third party application and not one we provide support for. Many vBulletin customers use this application so I'll let them advise you as to the benefits of using it.

Comment

• NJGiants92
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Boxy
      The cost of a leased license, $85 is for the license only. You will need to register a domain yourself and find a webserver package to host your site on separately.

We don't offer a hosted solution, but if you need help finding a suitable host please post in the Hosting Options forum.

vBadvanced is a third party application and not one we provide support for. Many vBulletin customers use this application so I'll let them advise you as to the benefits of using it.
      Thanks

Comment

• Asvin
        • Jul 2007

you could get a .com domain over at www.godaddy.com for just 8 or 9 dollars a year!!

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

I strongly recommend against GoDaddy (from personal experience). And suggest namecheap.com instead.

Comment

• rjordan
            • Sep 2004
            • 3.6.x

It is all a matter of preference and your own research for the domain name. Personally, I would not go to anyone BUT GoDaddy. Never had a problem with 60+ domain names under them.

Comment

• loaf
              • Jun 2007
              • 3.6.x

After having vBadvanced installed for all of three or four hours, it is so far very easy to use and tweak. It's seamless the way it fits in with vB.

Comment

• julia27
                • Mar 2006

Can you tell me why godaddy is so bad, I bought all my domains with them, so far no problem. Is there anything I need to be aware of ?

Comment

• Floris
                  • Dec 2001

I've always had great experience with GoDaddy, until I had to modify settings and everything took ages. Followed by a horrible experience of wanting to move my domains. Not to mention the spam of their newsletters. Despite being unsubscribed I keep getting them. It also seems to be impossible to cancel the account.

GoDaddy loves you to become their customer, they will do their utter best to not let you leave. I can tell you, it was quite the experience. And they've ruined it for me and I want to prevent others from having to go through that same experience.

I am happy to hear they have satisfied customers. I am sure they're a great company. Due to their actions they simply lost me as a customer and the many hundred domain names I had with them.

Comment

• harmor
                    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Floris
                    I strongly recommend against GoDaddy (from personal experience). And suggest namecheap.com instead.
                    I forgot about NameCheap and I have my domain registered through them. You know a registrar is good when they don't cross you mind.

Comment

• Floris
                      • Dec 2001

I still long for the good old times where there was 1 official company that handled all domains. So you know you're with the right company, and aren't getting scammed, and don't have to worry about bankruptcy, etc. (yes, they were not perfect either, but it went flawless for years and year).

Comment

• harmor
                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Floris
                        I still long for the good old times where there was 1 official company that handled all domains. So you know you're with the right company, and aren't getting scammed, and don't have to worry about bankruptcy, etc. (yes, they were not perfect either, but it went flawless for years and year).
                        When you say "I still long for the good old times where there was 1 official company that handled all domains" are you referring to ICANN?

Comment

• MRGTB
                          • May 2005

I like namecheap, they offer there own free domain forwarding tool and the service to point one of your domains to your IP address.

I'm impressed with there service I must admit

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...