Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ramos
    • May 2007

Custom auth integration

I am evaluating several forum applications for use as a support forum with a commercial SaaS web application. As such, we already have a login/authentication framework in place, and I was wondering how difficult it is to write an authentication module for vBulletin that makes use of our existing databases.

As it happens, the app framework is written in PHP so most of the necessary functions can be imported. Is this going to be difficult, and will it be possible to get some help from support should I need it?
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

We don't offer bridges or integration modules at this point, at least not officially. Perhaps on our customer resource site vbulletin.org someone has already made this.

To make it easier to integrate sites with vbulletin, or vbulletin with sites we're offering data managers and an API.

and

I hope that helps.

Comment

• ramos
      • May 2007

This looks doable... we won't be adding new users *that* often so an hourly sync of the user databases isn't out of the question, and it's pretty trivial to grab a password hash from a remote SQL server and auth against it.

Is editing of the vBulletin code allowed under the license? It would not be distributed.

Comment

• peterska2
        • Oct 2003
        • 3.7.x

You can customize vBulletin to your requirements. However, we do not provide official support for modified boards, so in the event of requiring support you may be asked to remove the modifications first.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...