I am not a programmer, can I make a forum?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glitto
    • May 2007
    • 3.6.x

I am not a programmer, can I make a forum?

Hello,

I am a web designer and have no coding knowledge. I am very much interested in making my own forum where different designers and coders can meet and have fun.

I want to know that if I buy a domain and a hosting from a company then will I be able to install vBulletin forums? Will I have to install some files and my forum will be ready?

I don't know anything about coding, programming, database, MySQL...etc but just know the designing so am I able to make my own forum?

Please let me know what can I do?
  • nexialys
    • May 2004
    • 1.1.x

if you are interested to learn, sure, you can request an paid installation, so the guys here will install the forum and configure it for your startup...

for your project, that's just funny because i'm ready to launch a project with some vBulletin designers where we have a cooperative work, etc... maybe you'd be interested to join,so you spare some cash on the forum software, and you gain a project in the startup...
    oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• forumguy
      • Nov 2006
      • 3.6.x

vBulletin is very easy to install and requires almost no coding knowledge, but you can purchase a professional installation when you buy vBulletin if you're unsure.
      vBulletin 5.0 coming soon... :confused:
      Visit my site today!

Comment

• Creepshow
        • May 2005
        • 3.5.x

Originally posted by nexialys
        if you are interested to learn, sure, you can request an paid installation, so the guys here will install the forum and configure it for your startup...
        I thought vBulletin only offered the actual bare-bones installation, not actually configuring the board. Am I mistaken?
        "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

• nexialys
          • May 2004
          • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Creepshow
          I thought vBulletin only offered the actual bare-bones installation, not actually configuring the board. Am I mistaken?
          configuration does not mean building the forum for you, but installing and activating it, entering the proper infos when you register the board, and i suppose entering the proper url etc...

i hope that for 135$ they make your board usable ... lol
          oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...