Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris86
    • Nov 2006

Members Only Forum & Custom Fields?

I would like to use Vbulletin to create a "members-only" forum, similar to Vanilla. The only people who will have access to this forum are people who have purchased a certain product from me. I want to include an "Apply For Membership Page" similar to the one found here. This "Apply for Membership" page is standard/default with Vanilla.

My question is this: Does Vbulletin have a Apply for Membership page where I can ask for:

First Name
    Last Name
    Email Address
    Receipt #

Basically, does the "Apply for Membership" page offer custom fields, and the option to restrict the forum to approved members only? This will NOT be a public forum.

(I would prefer to use Vbulletin b/c I'm not a PHP developer and I don't want to mess with editing PHP code, as I would have to do with Vanilla.)
    Last edited by chris86; Tue 17 Apr '07, 7:01pm.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

With vB you can use the Publically Joinable Groups option to do this. See this page in the manual:

And you can create custom profile fileds and ask them to fill those out before approving them.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• chris86
      • Nov 2006

Great, that answers my questions. Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...