Will It matter if the forum is up a few days longer?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Istvan K
    • Nov 2006
    • 3.6.x

Will It matter if the forum is up a few days longer?

Last edited by Istvan K; Tue 27 Nov '07, 2:43am.
  • ---MAD---
    • Jun 2005
    • 3.8.x

If you plan to go on for longer than one year, why not try to go for an owned straight away? Wait a week or however long it will take to get the money together. It will be much better for you in the long run .

MAD

Comment

• Istvan K
      • Nov 2006
      • 3.6.x

Last edited by Istvan K; Tue 27 Nov '07, 2:43am.

Comment

• Quillz
        • Nov 2004
        • 5.0.X

From a legal standpoint, no, I don't see it being allowed, as the leased license states clearly in the EULA that if you choose to not renew the leased license, you must remove the vB files from your web server immediately.
        Forums

Comment

• hornstar6969
          • Aug 2005
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Quillz
          From a legal standpoint, no, I don't see it being allowed, as the leased license states clearly in the EULA that if you choose to not renew the leased license, you must remove the vB files from your web server immediately.
          correct, but if you do keep it up, dont keep it up for more then a few weeks, because then you will surely be contacted by vbulletin etc. and may get your hosting suspended, but im sure vbulletin are understanding, and if you buy it, they will understand.

but im sure after 1 year, you will have the money ready anyway, so there really shouldnt be the problem anyway.

and like one of the above said. getting the full license from the word go is much better, even if you have to borrow money and pay that back, it would work out better.

this is just my opionion and jelsoft may think differently lol
          Selling my BigBoard GamerzNeeds.net/forums Threads: 193 502, Posts: 1 540 045, Members: 718 566 It is listed here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...3#post18297060

Comment

• nexialys
            • May 2004
            • 1.1.x

btw, you already plan than in one year you will be short in cash ?!

ok, here is the deal: you purchase a leased license and if you have more cash in the next 3 months you buy the full paid license for 85$ more... if you can't affort this, you continue to save your 160$ for the next year... so you save 15$ per month and you'll be ok to buy the full license in no long...

if you can't handle saving cash that way, you really need to start learning.
            oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• jeffinj
              • Apr 2006

My suggestion for you at this moment is to start of with a free forum package and when you are sure you could afford vB, buy a full license. vB has impex to smoothly transfer you from whatever software to vb. That'll also give you an idea of how good vb is compared to the other softwares and you'll know its worth every cent.
              www.christianforumsite.com
              sigpic

Comment

• Colin F
                • May 2004

Originally posted by nexialys
                if you have more cash in the next 3 months you buy the full paid license for 85$ more...
                That's actually within 60 days of the original purchase.
                Best Regards
                Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• AndMcgr
                  • Mar 2007

I would aslo recomend upgrading to an owned licence. Cheers.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...