• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • popowich
    • Jun 2004
    • 3.8.x

vBulletin Pricing

Hello,

I noticed my vbulletin expired and went to renew it and see that the price had almost tripled. It used to be $30. I looked at the purchase option, but it is worded such that the price of the owned license for updates renewal can be raised too so it may be more than the currently listed price later. Is there a way for existing customers to be grandfather into their old pricing?

-Raymond
    Talk about New York | Email Help
  • bmc
    • Apr 2005

The renewal price for a vBulletin Owned License for one additional year of updates is $30.
    The Relationship Forum
    The Relationship Forum is the best online forum for getting advice and help about romantic and non-romantic relationships, dating and marriage advice, and love.

Comment

• Chousho
      • Jan 2004
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by popowich
      Hello,

I noticed my vbulletin expired and went to renew it and see that the price had almost tripled. It used to be $30. I looked at the purchase option, but it is worded such that the price of the owned license for updates renewal can be raised too so it may be more than the currently listed price later. Is there a way for existing customers to be grandfather into their old pricing?

-Raymond
      Are you sure you're thinking of VBulletin? I can't remember it ever having a price of $30, unless you bought it second hand.

Also, Rochester eh? I'm a little farther the side of Elmira.

Comment

• popowich
        • Jun 2004
        • 3.8.x

My bad, false alarm. I have an owned license needing renewal.

I was used to paying the renewal fee already (forums 3+ yrs old)

I was looking at the prices and got confused... is it Friday yet?

I'm from Buffalo, in Rochester now. If you like poker check out WNYPoker.com.

-Raymond
        Talk about New York | Email Help

Comment

• Onimua
          • Apr 2005

A vBulletin license has always been $85 / $160 depending on which license you get, and then $30 in renewal for the owned.

The only price increase would be because of VAT.

... I can't think of anything else that would be a price increase.
          Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

vB has never has a single price increase since we started in 2000. How many other companies do you know that can say the same thing?

The owned renewal was and still is $30.

My guess is that you actually have a leased license which has always been good for just one year and has always been $85/yr.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...