This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KimmiKat
    • Jul 2003

On April first, the new add-ons will be $50 down, $50 month for 50 months, payable to Floris!
    Kim

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

Originally posted by KimmiKat
      On April first, the new add-ons will be $50 down, $50 month for 50 months, payable to Floris!
      Sounds good to me

Comment

• ---MAD---
        • Jun 2005
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by czarmarcus
        I agree ; I think if someone has an active license they should be able to receive free add-on.

Truth
        There are many websites with custom mods for vBulletin which cost nothing. If cost is a concern, you can probably find the same add-ons (lower quality and security, of course) for free.

If $50 to you is a big investment then maybe you shouldn't be buying it? Running a popular forum $50 doesn't take long time to earn using Adsense or donations. If you cannot raise $50, you probably don't have the need for user blogging software on your forum.

My 2 cents.
        That is a very good point (bit in orange).

MAD

Comment

• Jay...
          • Jan 2006
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Floris
          vBulletin Forum Software : $85 / $160
          vBulletin ImpEx Product : $0

So not always
          the only reason i see impex as being free is to help generate further business.

Comment

• ---MAD---
            • Jun 2005
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Jay...
            the only reason i see impex as being free is to help generate further business.
            Agreed - its strategical .

Comment

• Tannim
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by FreshFroot_
              If vB does charge, I won't be buying it at all. #1 I have no use for a blog addon. #2 I wouldn't want to pay for something I can get elsewhere for free.

If you put your money where your mouth is, then you should not be here at all. You can get forum software for free, yet you bought vbulletin? Quit contradicting yourself

Comment

• DelphiVillage
                • Apr 2002
                • 4.1.x

If vB does charge, I won't be buying it at all. #1 I have no use for a blog addon. #2 I wouldn't want to pay for something I can get elsewhere for free.
                #3 a possible law suit against you for using pirated materials might cost you a little more then what vBulletin is going to charge for there addon products.....

Comment

• |Norman|
                  • Oct 2006
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra
                  They spend money to develop and support it, I dont htink its much to ask for a nominal sum of money to keep it and future products in active development.
                  Yes, but if vBulletin offers more features, with the standard cost, then it have more acquires possibilities. They have to decide: "Wich marketing method we'll use?".
                  *I'm italian, so my english is bad*

Comment

• nexialys
                    • May 2004
                    • 1.1.x

the more Jelsoft offer free stuff, the more they will have to pay coders to provide support... because there will be more and more clients... this is not positive...

that's why IPB have highered their prices... that's why phpBB and PostNuke are not working as commercial products...

Jelsoft have to charge for their softwares.. even a 10$ will help...

if you are able to provide blogs to your community, you are able to pay for the great support the guys give here...

you don't need support ?! don't renew your license. that's all...
                    oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• Razasharp
                      • Feb 2005
                      • 3.7.x

It should absolutely not be free!

The reason many of us buy vB is because the support is excellent - and if there was no income for a particular product support for it would suffer. Good support staff cost money, and money comes from us lot buying the products.

If you are looking for freebies, try opensource applications, or free hacks on vborg.

If you don't have the money to buy the official product, and really want it - save up!!
                      What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

• Jasmin
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Razasharp
                        It should absolutely not be free!

The reason many of us buy vB is because the support is excellent - and if there was no income for a particular product support for it would suffer. Good support staff cost money, and money comes from us lot buying the products.

If you are looking for freebies, try opensource applications, or free hacks on vborg.

If you don't have the money to buy the official product, and really want it - save up!!
                        I agree. We're here because it's paid software.

Paid software is a very good thing, when the people you're paying are good at what they do.

It think a lot of people here must be either 13 years old, or otherwise have escaped the simple realities of of economics or exchange. People need to eat, raise their kids, pay their rent, that kind of thing. We give them money to do so, and they give us killer apps. It's a good deal! It's the same as trading apples for oranges, but with money as a go-between.

OTOH -- yeah, there's also some smart cookies here who would see bundling it as good marketing strategy. Maybe it would be for sales.On the other hand, with extra revenue they can have more programmers working on it to make it awesome. I think I'd rather pay an extra $30-$100 for it, so we'd get regular updates more often. A higher quality plugin that will take on a life of it's own.

Comment

• ---MAD---
                          • Jun 2005
                          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Jasmin
                          I agree. We're here because it's paid software.

Paid software is a very good thing, when the people you're paying are good at what they do.

It think a lot of people here must be either 13 years old, or otherwise have escaped the simple realities of of economics or exchange. People need to eat, raise their kids, pay their rent, that kind of thing. We give them money to do so, and they give us killer apps. It's a good deal! It's the same as trading apples for oranges, but with money as a go-between.

OTOH -- yeah, there's also some smart cookies here who would see bundling it as good marketing strategy. Maybe it would be for sales.On the other hand, with extra revenue they can have more programmers working on it to make it awesome. I think I'd rather pay an extra $30-$100 for it, so we'd get regular updates more often. A higher quality plugin that will take on a life of it's own.
                          Agreed. If you pay, the speed of development increases especially if there is a high demand .

Comment

• Psionic Vision
                            • May 2005
                            • 3.6.x

So then you are probably using pirated vBulletin too, huh?
                            I agree w/ post #37.

Originally posted by Floris
                            vBulletin Forum Software : $85 / $160
                            vBulletin ImpEx Product : $0

So not always
                            This is because if the ImpEx product costed something, it would be harder to steal customers of other forum software packages.

Comment

• forumguy
                              • Nov 2006
                              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Psionic Vision
                              So then you are probably using pirated vBulletin too, huh?
                              I agree w/ post #37.

This is because if the ImpEx product costed something, it would be harder to steal customers of other forum software packages.
                              He's talking about vB Blog, not the main product.
                              vBulletin 5.0 coming soon... :confused:
                              Visit my site today!

Comment

• Psionic Vision
                                • May 2005
                                • 3.6.x

Originally posted by forumguy
                                He's talking about vB Blog, not the main product.
                                I know. But since it's possible to get vBulletin for free too, according to his logic he should be using a pirated version of main software too.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...