Multi Domains - License Agreement exceptions?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tannim
    • Mar 2007

Multi Domains - License Agreement exceptions?

Ref: [removed]

This have multiple domains, showing different forums ("hiding" others) all on the same forum/domain.

According to the following thread:

It is not legal. What makes that forum different? Is there a special license needed to be excepted?
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Then report it to http://www.vbulletin.com/piracy.php and let us deal with it

Comment

• Tannim
      • Mar 2007

My apologies to those whom I have offended.

What I meant was ...

I want to run a setup like that. I have multiple products that I want to support. It would be easy to support them all on one forum. This means a category per product, and multiple forums per category for area specific in product.

That is what I want.

Then from different domains, (one per product), for support, I point them to that particular category on the forums website.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

That depends on exactly how you set this up. If this is one overall forum and you are not trying to hide content based on domain, then one license may be acceptable. However if there is any 'hiding' at all, this will require separate licenses.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Tannim
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          That depends on exactly how you set this up. If this is one overall forum and you are not trying to hide content based on domain, then one license may be acceptable. However if there is any 'hiding' at all, this will require separate licenses.
          That is actually perfect. I dont want to hide any of the other forums at all. I'm even hoping a forums jumpbox is available so people can skip around to other categories whenever they feel like it.

Thanks for the answer

Comment

• nexialys
            • May 2004
            • 1.1.x

you can hide forums from the main display and let your visitors be on a specific forum for each of your domains, they can continue browsing the forum with the "Forum Jump" dropdown you actually see on the bottom of this page!

this is by default on vBulletin... i've done it a lot for multi-language boards.

then for each domain, you redirect them to something like "forumdisplay.php?f=10" ...this domain would be redirected to the forumid #10...
            oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• Darkblade
              • Jul 2004
              • 3.6.x

All thanks to Tannim for making this thread.

Anyway, I was just about to make a post regarding this so yeah. I've just bought a new domain for my site but I'm having it as a secondary domain so people can access it using any of the two domains which are: ffforums.net and finalfantasyforums.net. Is this alright or do I've to purchase another license just for the usage of my newly domain 'cause I've got no idea? And in case you're wondering, I've the new domain pointed to my main site by using the domain park feature which was performed by the Liquid Web team.

Here's more for what I'm talking about:

> http://www.ffforums.net
              > http://www.finalfantasyforums.net
              Metal Gear Forums - Discussion on the popular series of computer and console stealth-based games.

My Mods: Coming Soon | My Tutorials: Coming Soon

Comment

• nexialys
                • May 2004
                • 1.1.x

oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• Darkblade
                  • Jul 2004
                  • 3.6.x

Thanks for the link, nexialys. Looks like I'm doing just fine then. Woohoo!
                  Metal Gear Forums - Discussion on the popular series of computer and console stealth-based games.

My Mods: Coming Soon | My Tutorials: Coming Soon

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...