Question about The Point System and it capabilitys.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oncegone
    • Feb 2007

Question about The Point System and it capabilitys.

I am currently running a IPB forum and i hate IPB for its security flaws and huge amounts of spam i get. I have a few protected forums that i currently allow people that have had a certain amount of posts view. I know that Vbulletin has a Point system that can be added on. My question is this. Is there a way to set up the point system to allow users to "buy" a membership to a certain member group or to buy access to a download system or forum. Im hoping that will reduce the ammount of spam i am getting. Members would post to gain points then they could "buy" a 30 day membership to the user group. If this is possible i will be switching forum software very soon. thanks for the help
  • Yours Truly
    • Feb 2007
    • 3.6.x

You would be best asking over at www.vbulletin.org as that is where it is supported vBulletin doesn't support 3rd party releases . If you go oer there search for vbplaza That will be what your looking for

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
      • Sep 2001

vb plaza offers a feature to trade in points for forum access however the hack was removed due to a security flaw.
      Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• Oncegone
        • Feb 2007

yeah i cant view anything on bulletin.org because i don't have a license number yet. its all restricted. can you please explain its features. thanks

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
          • Sep 2001

The vb plaza modification is not available at this time.
          Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• Dukefrukem
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra
            The vb plaza modification is not available at this time.
            any chance it was fixed these past few months?

Comment

• nexialys
              • May 2004
              • 1.1.x

vbPlaza is not available anymore, you will have to go to http://vbcredits.com to have a complete Points system...
              oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• Daisuke Niwa
                • Jul 2007
                • 3.8.x

vbPlaza 2 has been released by CMX. Currently the full version is the only available, and to download it you must pay $50 USD from the vbBux / vbPlaza Test forum. Soon the LITE version should be available once again on vB.org for anyone to download.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                  • Aug 2000

The place to discuss these addons is at www.vbulletin.org or their respective websites.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...