X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hitboy
    • Jan 2007
    • 3.6.x

Ok 2nd hand license nightmear

Ok I wanted to get vb so obviously I wanted to spend less and I went to go look for a second hand license. I found someone selling theres on a forum so I sent him the money yet he told me the license is not transferrable until the 25th of this month I said ok this was maybe 1-2 weeks ago.

I changed the email address as I was instructed yet then Vbulletin made the account not active ( I am not blaming vb in anyway) They thought I was trying to steal the account because I had a different ip address.

So after this it happened maybe 3 more times lol and not I am sitting here waiting for the 25th is there anyway VB can make an exception of this license transfer issue because now the account is no longer active.

The owner of the license takes 24-48 hours to reply so its getting really annoying at this point.

I already have my site setup and I cant download anything because the license is not active.

I am not sure what to really do so I thought I would post my story here.
    The guy that sold me the license isnt trying to scam me so I am not worried about that. Its just a frustrating process I suppose.
  • Garamond
    • Jul 2004
    • 3.8.x

That's why I never go on a sale, go through hassles to get discounts and so on. Just buy the product, pay the normal price and you're generally in for much less problems and the deal is done in no time.

Comment

• hitboy
      • Jan 2007
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Garamond
      That's why I never go on a sale, go through hassles to get discounts and so on. Just buy the product, pay the normal price and you're generally in for much less problems and the deal is done in no time.
      yea normally thats how i do things but this time I did it like this never had so many problems lol now i just have to stick it out until the 25th I suppose.

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
        • Nov 2004
        • 3.8.x

If the old owner gave you his customer login information, then you should not be blocked.

If you feel that you are blocked without a reason, then please open a support ticket so we can look into this. Make sure to include the license-id.
        Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• hitboy
          • Jan 2007
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Marco van Herwaarden
          If the old owner gave you his customer login information, then you should not be blocked.

If you feel that you are blocked without a reason, then please open a support ticket so we can look into this. Make sure to include the license-id.
          Well the first couple of times the reason was because of the email being changed but is the license id the login information because im getting confused thanks

Comment

• jasonlitka
            • Mar 2006
            • 4.0.x

Part of the problem is that you guys make the customers give a TON of information about the original license purchase in order to change the contact info on a license or transfer it to a different account.
            Jason Litka - Utter Ramblings

Comment

• hitboy
              • Jan 2007
              • 3.6.x

yes i agree I have never seen software creators being so strict which I could understand but there is a point where its too much lol

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
                • Nov 2004
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by jason|xoxide
                Part of the problem is that you guys make the customers give a TON of information about the original license purchase in order to change the contact info on a license or transfer it to a different account.
                I don't see how this is related to the problem in this thread.
                Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
                  • Nov 2004
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by hitboy
                  Well the first couple of times the reason was because of the email being changed but is the license id the login information because im getting confused thanks
                  Sorry i do not understand what you are asking now.

Comment

• hitboy
                    • Jan 2007
                    • 3.6.x

I don't see how this is related to the problem in this thread.
                    I dont really understand something is the custmer login and password the license id or what are you referring to thanks for your help.

Comment

• Colin F
                      • May 2004

I dont really understand something is the custmer login and password the license id or what are you referring to thanks for your help.
                      I recommend you open a support ticket, so we can look at this in detail.
                      Best Regards
                      Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• KimmiKat
                        • Jul 2003

I believe that Jelsoft is trying to protect their behinds, that's why all the details. If I was buying a used license, I would want all the procedures followed.

I have sold a license to a friend and although there was a procedure to go through, it was still easier then trying to buy a used auto.

Originally posted by jason|xoxide
                        Kim

Comment

• hitboy
                          • Jan 2007
                          • 3.6.x

I just bought a license from the order page because at least its instant lol I cant wait I dont care if ig et it cheaper now lol anywho i hope i either get a refund or another license for the other one thanks everyoen that replied have a great day!

Comment

• Steve Machol
                            Former Customer Support Manager
                            • Jul 2000

Originally posted by KimmiKat
                            I believe that Jelsoft is trying to protect their behinds, that's why all the details.
                            Actually we are trying to protect our customer's rights and property. You would be surprised at the vast number of attempts we get to steal licenses, and almost all of them from 'friends' of the owner that know a lot of the info but not all of it.

If anyone wishes to allow their licenses to be changed without this level of verification, let me know and I'll mark your license so that anyone who asks can have it.
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Andy Huang
                              • Feb 2004

I just bought a license from the order page because at least its instant lol I cant wait I dont care if ig et it cheaper now lol anywho i hope i either get a refund or another license for the other one thanks everyoen that replied have a great day!
                              You'd have to contact the person who sold that license to you for refund; or you'd have to wait until the transferable date to have that one transferred your newly purchased account (and you'd have two licenses).
                              Best Regards,
                              Andy Huang

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...