Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unknown22
    • Jan 2007

Pre-sale question: Members who own businesses

If you develop and sell software or run a business be it an auction site, hosting services etc.
    Why do you use vbulletin instead of alternative free forums for your support forum?

Your answers will most likely help determine whether i purchase this software.

Is it better to purchase a leased copy first?
    Last edited by unknown22; Fri 19 Jan '07, 3:14pm.
  • Sovereign
    • Jun 2004
    • 3.7.x

Well first of all I can smell a potential threadlock for bringing up other board software...

However, I can say this for vBulletin: It has an active fan community who constantly develops mods that are easy to install due to the plugin system. The plugin system is what made me switch permanently. Some other software is equipped with similar capabilities, but vBulletin's is the best. You can install mods without changing the source code, and if you have a problem you can shut them off in one go.

As for the other BBSs, I don't know much about them anymore because I no longer run any active forums. However, I can say this: when I did use vBulletin, it more than suited my needs. Endlessly customizable, powerful and easy to work with.

Buy it. You won't regret it. If you're tentative, try a leased license to see how you like it. When the lease is up, if you don't like it you can get rid of it. However, I knew I wanted vBulletin, so I bought an Owned license.

Comment

• unknown22
      • Jan 2007

Thanks for your reply, i didn't think i would get one.

I edited my post and remove other BBS name's.

I read posts on here that say vbulletin is great because of this and that, but does it make your business look more professional because you aren't using free alternatives?

I think that's the question i need answered.

Comment

• RichM
        • Jan 2003
        • 4.0.x

vBulletin offers more flexibility and customizability compared to the free alternatives.

In addition, you get professional support, and prompt updates when bugs/flaws are found. Something you won't get with many of the free alternativies.

vBulletin will save you time, and in the world of business, time = money.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...