Payment with Worldpay, Jelsoft took my money and did not refunded as they marked high

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amgherman
    • Dec 2006

Payment with Worldpay, Jelsoft took my money and did not refunded as they marked high

Hello,

I just payed today using Worldpay.
    My payment was marked successfully by Verified by Visa, and Support said they will manually check the payment an they will supply my license information.

After a few hours of waiting Sales said my payment was flagged as high risk. They also said they will refund my payment, but I checked my card and this hasn't been refunded !

Now I have my money taken, and no VB license either !
    If I knew from this before I would of purchased IPB !
    Last edited by amgherman; Wed 16 Jan '08, 6:05am.
  • ManagerJosh
    • Jun 2002

Please note it take up to 5 business days for money to return to your account. This is NOT because of delay on Jelsoft, but rather delays on the part of every credit card issuing bank.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Boxy
      • Oct 2002

Depending on the credit card company it can take between 10-14 days for the fund to be released.

Comment

• amgherman
        • Dec 2006

Jelsoft is loosing customers with these policies.
        I don't know what's more important for you guys, VBulletin Team !

But that's good there is always competition. I know I would not recommend VBulletin here in Romania for this because I don't have the time to spend on other methods of payment.
        Paypal is not available in Romania, and I don't have the time for offline methods.

I know Romania has a bad history from the past, but not all the people here are thieves as VBulletin Team might take it.

There are normal and decent people here too who pay their bills and you discriminate it with such card policies !

Best regards,
        Alexandru Gherman,
        Information Security Professional,
        CISSP, MCSE Security

Comment

• Ace
          • Apr 2004
          • 4.2.X

Isn't the 'high risk' flag one made by the Credit Card processor (Worldpay in this case)?

It wouldn't make good business sense for Jelsoft to ignore these warnings.

Your best option would be to take it up via a Support Ticket, as these are Private exchanges...a public forum post wouldn't be an appropriate place to discuss such matters.
          My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
          vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• amgherman
            • Dec 2006

I did this on ticket.
            I did not get any answer on this issue yet. Only that it was rated high risk and I will be refunded !

I understood from their Support ticket also that a VBulletin person has the power to manually approve the transaction if it is WorldPay. So they've had the power to do it !

So they have a choice, right ? This is why I thought other people should know. Not to remain without the money for a while and without the license also

Best regards,
            Alexandru Gherman,
            CISSP, MCSE Security
            Last edited by amgherman; Tue 5 Dec '06, 12:32am.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
              • Jun 2002

Because in 99% of all instances when transactions are approved and marked HIGH RISK, it turns out the transaction are not legitimate.

If you disagree with WorldPay marking your transaction high risk, use an alternate means of paying Jelsoft, (like using the Metacharge system) or contacting WorldPay to figure out why your transaction was marked so high.
              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• amgherman
                • Dec 2006

I first used MetaCharge.
                It gave me a score as higher than 4 and it automaticly rated High Risk.

My Card is very legitimate. Why did they took my money from it if it's not legitimate ?

Than I userd WorldPay. It says it has manual approval by VBulletin and it may take several hours. After several hours Steve Machol sent me an email rating my transation as High Risk. So Worldpay rates it automaticly too ? The VBulletin Support told me it will be manually checked after several hours.

I don't have Paypal available for Romania, and the offline methods take too long.

If my problem will not be resolved soon I'll purchase IPB.
                But know I guess, as Steve Machol sent me the email I guess now the transaction is already on it's way back to me.

My opinion is, if they have so much High Risk rated problems why they're still using this methods ? People should be informed by these issues.

Best regards,
                Alexandru Gherman,
                CISSP, MCSE Security

Comment

• amgherman
                  • Dec 2006

I just got reply from support.
                  Worldpay sent them the payment for evaluation to VBulletin.
                  They "evaluated" and denied my payment ( Based on I don't know, 'cause I have the money, so their criteria ... ), and sent the notification to my bank to unblock the money.
                  So now I have to wait for unblocking the money from my bank ...
                  And I was just a satisfied buyer who want it to buy VB...

Best regards,
                  Alexandru Gherman,
                  CISSP, MCSE Security

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                    • Jun 2002

High Risk is not determined by Jelsoft. It's determined by both a series of complex conditions by your Credit Card company.

FYI, Jelsoft doesn't take your money. Money is merely "allocated" to fund a transaction. If Jelsoft does NOT approve the sale, they don't collect. Simple as that. Usually within a set number of days (my experience has been 5 days, Ashley says 10-14), if the money has not been collected, it gets sent back from allocation.

If I might suggest, an easier way would be just to wire the money over to Jelsoft

Comment

• amgherman
                      • Dec 2006

I'm pressed by time. I thought if I'd be using a fast online payment method it would be ok. If I wire the money, as they say onsite, it will take long. I have very much work, I have to find a bank to wire etc..., hight traffic here from holidays.

But if I knew their complex assessment evaluation card system makes discrimanation or high rates for cards from Romania I wouldn't have done the payment.

They should clearly state such problems may appear, in order people to know about this can happen. This is why I wanted to share this here!
                      But with this I can surely say they will loose some customers here in Romania. But I guess they can handle this !

Best regards,
                      Alexandru Gherman,
                      CISSP, MCSE Security

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                        • Jun 2002

Again, as I said, your belief that card evaluation are discriminatory are not done by Jelsoft or it's credit card processors. It's done by the issuing bank who gave you your credit card. Your issuing credit card bank gives a simple yes or no response to certain criteria the credit card processors need, which is then relayed to Jelsoft to aid them in the transaction to approve or deny. If the algorithums and equations determine you are a high risk, there's merit to it based on the yes/no responses your credit card's bank sent out.

Comment

• amgherman
                          • Dec 2006

They have bad processors, with bad answer yes/no request. I've never had problems with this card till now !
                          If they care they should do something, they're loosing customers with this issues.
                          I payed lots of things with my card, Amazon, Godaddy and many other payments and never encountered such problems.

Best regards,
                          Alexandru Gherman,
                          CISSP, MCSE Security

Comment

• Ashley Busby
                            • Oct 2002

I am sure that everyone is aware that occasionally, credit card transactions can present difficulties. However, in the majority of cases, credit card transactions are processed without incident.

I have responded to your ticket in order that specific details not be discussed publically.

We are always available to help with payment difficulties.

Comment

• amgherman
                              • Dec 2006

I dont' think it is the responsability of the bank.
                              This is the email I received from Worldpay. Look what is says !

"This confirmation only indicates that your transaction has been processed
                              successfully. It does not indicate that your order has been accepted. It is
                              the responsibility of Jelsoft Enterprises Limited to confirm that your order
                              has been accepted, and to deliver any goods or services you have ordered.

If you have any questions about your order (including refunds, delivery
                              status, wanting to cancel your order), please email Jelsoft Enterprises
                              Limited at: [email protected], with the transaction details listed
                              above."

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...