X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aragorn_reborn
    • Oct 2006

some questions regarding VBulletin

Hi,

I have a few pre sales questions regarding vBulletin. Some background before i shoot my questions.

My forum will be located at <server.com>/forums/
    My site will be located at <server.com>
    There will be a bunch of other stuff at <server.com>/stuff1/ <server.com>/stuff2/ etc

Now, the questions.

1. Can i integrate vBulletin's login system on my custom pages? For example, if someone is logged in, i want to show him the page else ask him to login. The same vBulletin login should work throughout the site.

2. Also, can i know on my custom page, what usergroup the person is in? I want a preferential treatment on some of my pages. Is that possible?

3. How easily can i use the vBulletin template in my custom pages? I want to add custom stuff but i should be able to use the vBulletin template.

I know all these are possible in phpBB. I am not that sure about vBulleti since its not an open source software.

Please answer these questions asap as i have to make my decisions quick on whether i want to buy vBulletin or go ahead with phpBB.
  • Marco van Herwaarden
    • Nov 2004
    • 3.8.x

All the questions you have asked can be answered with a Yes. It will require some custom coding, but should be easy to do.

We can not officially support custom coding, but you can find a lot of examples on our Modification forum at vbulletin.org.
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• feldon23
      • Nov 2001
      • 3.7.x

1. It depends upon if this is a script you wrote or something you've modified from somewhere else. Large scripts like Joomla require a "bridge" to share 1 login.

2. By including certain vBulletin files, you can access that information. This will be dependant upon your own scripts not trying to set their own session or cookie information.

3. There is a guide at vBulletin.org for purchasers of vBulletin which explains how to make custom pages that retain the vBulletin template.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...