Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Guernica
    • Sep 2006

Some Questions

I am over looking the vBulletin software and of course it is a great product. I am just unsure about some things...

First, I am only 15. Am I legally allowed to buy a vBulletin at that age? And besides that I have to think of a way to raise $160. But I just want to make sure any age can own a vBulletin.

Also, if you buy vBulletin does it automatically do the setup for you, cause I usually run into a problem when I am setting up forums. I would need some assistance.

I hope I eventually get this. $85 doesn't sound bad, but I would much rather OWN a vBulletin. =/
  • Quillz
    • Nov 2004
    • 5.0.X

Of course you can own a vBulletin license at age 15. There is no age limit to using vB. Upon purchasing a license, you must manually configure a few files and then upload everything. If you cannot do this, Jelsoft offers a professional installation.
    Forums

Comment

• SugarBlush
      • Sep 2006

I have another question. I'm 13 and I really wanna buy vBulletin owned license ($160. Don't think I don't have money for that! Besides, my parents have gave me permission to purchase this!) . After I bought the vB owned license, is there any fees like monthly fees or any other fees?? Or I just need to pay $160 and then I can use it forever?

Comment

• Creepshow
        • May 2005
        • 3.5.x

Originally posted by SugarBlush
        I have another question. I'm 13 and I really wanna buy vBulletin owned license ($160. Don't think I don't have money for that! Besides, my parents have gave me permission to purchase this!) . After I bought the vB owned license, is there any fees like monthly fees or any other fees?? Or I just need to pay $160 and then I can use it forever?
        If you have an owned license, yes you can use vBulletin indefinitely, forever. Only fees is an OPTIONAL $30 a year to renew your member's download access for new versions. You don't HAVE to renew though, and can use vB as long as you like.
        "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

• SugarBlush
          • Sep 2006

Just pay $160 to use it forever?? Awsome!
          Anyway, How do I install the cash mods system? Where? You know, forum points.
          Last edited by SugarBlush; Sat 16 Sep '06, 6:34am.

Comment

• Creepshow
            • May 2005
            • 3.5.x

Originally posted by SugarBlush
            Just pay $160 to use it forever?? Awsome!
            Anyway, How do I install the cash mods system? Where? You know, forum points.
            Yep that's right.

As for a cash mod, I'm not certain but you might find something like that over at www.vBulletin.org, vBulletin's hack site.
            "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

• SugarBlush
              • Sep 2006

Thanks! Anyway, can I use vBulletin on free hosts like www.unlimitedmb.com ??

Comment

• Colin F
                • May 2004

Generally we don't recommend running vBulletin on a free host, but if it runs recent versions of PHP and MySQL it should work.
                Best Regards
                Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...