How do I purchase for a client on my credit card?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JJLenz
    • Sep 2006

How do I purchase for a client on my credit card?

I need to make a purchase for a client's web site, but will need to make the purchase on my company credit card. Can I do this without ending up with the license in my name?
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

No sorry, the license will be in the name of the person who makes the purchase. This is beacuse we don't have a reseller option. The customer has to purchase it if he wants to be the owner of the license.

Comment

• JJLenz
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Floris
      No sorry, the license will be in the name of the person who makes the purchase. This is beacuse we don't have a reseller option. The customer has to purchase it if he wants to be the owner of the license.
      Can I purchase it and then transfer the license?

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

Yes, after three months it is possible to transfer a license.

Note: Only owned licenses are eligible for transfer

Comment

• JJLenz
          • Sep 2006

Yes, after three months it is possible to transfer a license.

Note: Only owned licenses are eligible for transfer
          Gotta ask: What's the three months all about?

I have no desire to be a "reseller" per se, but why do you make it so difficult to purchase a license in someone else's name? I would guess that a significant number of licenses must be purchased by developers and web hosts for their customers.

Comment

• JJLenz
            • Sep 2006

Wow. What an amazingly crappy checkout process. For a software company, it's truly mind boggling.

Comment

• Nxs
              • May 2004

Originally posted by JJLenz
              Wow. What an amazingly crappy checkout process. For a software company, it's truly mind boggling.
              I didnt have any problems when I purchased vBulletin two years ago. If you had problems why not pass them to the staff.

Comment

• JJLenz
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Nxs
                I didnt have any problems when I purchased vBulletin two years ago. If you had problems why not pass them to the staff.
                Ok. Cheezy and (potentially) suspect card processing on a third party site instead of on the vendor's web site. Zero explanation for card denials. Multiple credit card gateways, which I've never seen before. Why should the customer need to choose (and why would they care?) which card processor the vendor uses? Just bizarre.

Comment

• Floris
                  • Dec 2001

Just offering various options, instead of just one.

Comment

• KimmiKat
                    • Jul 2003

Which is a good thing for customer convenience. Many online merchants use multiple payment gateways, like the online college bookstore I just used the other day.

Kim

Comment

• JJLenz
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by KimmiKat
                      Which is a good thing for customer convenience. Many online merchants use multiple payment gateways, like the online college bookstore I just used the other day.
                      I hav to ask why? What difference does it make? The PayPal option is one thing (you don't often see that used on a commercial site, either, but whatever) but I don't see any clear advantage to the customer of having two CC payment gateways from which to select. I know absolutely nothing about either of them, but the obvious choice is the first, where there's no need to have the transaction manually 'reviewed' after the charge goes through.

Comment

• Ted S
                        • Dec 2003
                        • 3.5.x

After reading through this thread I wanted to weigh in with my own opinions, do with them as you please.

I understand offering Paypal versus a standard Credit Card order but selecting processing merchants seems silly. As a customer, b2c or b2b, I want to place an order using a credit card, check or paypal, beyond that I just want the process to be simple and secure. Going through the vB system I am asked to select something just about no other shopping cart in the world asks -- my processor. After selecting this I go to another site with another set of options.

Given the growth of Jelsoft it would make sense to process credit cards over a seamless, invisible layer to whatever merchant makes the most sense for Jelsoft.

Obviously I know nothing about the actual cart abandonment rates but I can venture a guess that they are much more substantial than they need to be. Options are good, but only when they are well understood and don't impact the user experience. Just asking if someone wants to use a credit card, check or paypal would make things a whole lot easier and easier means more orders with less support requests.
                        Ted & the Giftery.me Team

New features released for Product Review Forums 1.3 (4.0)
                        Helpful Answers (3.8) (4.0) | Limited Guest Viewing (3.8) (4.0)

Comment

• Colin F
                          • May 2004

Some of our customers have problems paying through one of the processors, so we're offering them alternatives.
                          Best Regards
                          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...