• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Endurer
    • Aug 2006
    • 3.6.x

PhpBBFM to vBulletin

Hello there,

I am currently running phpbbFM and the page load time/memory issues have just created a havoc for me. I am running it on a VPS with 512M ram (burstable to 2GB). There are not so many users online at the same time, yet this crappy piece of software causes the machine to run out of memory.

I've decided to move over at Vbulletin since I've heard good things about it & it seems that conversion from phpBB to vB is not that difficult.

I've read previous topics that answer most of my questions. The only questions that remains are:

1) How fast is vB? Can I expect it to perform better than phpbbFM when it comes to page generation times?

2) Is there a portal software available for vB? How much will it cost?

3) Is there a demo version available for download? I want to convert to it at my local machine from phpbbfm before doing it live at the web server.

My forum stats are: Total posts 174,873 | Total topics 8,474 | Total Members 9,346

This is the first time that I'm going to purchase a bulletin board software and I want to know if I am investing in the right product.

Thats it for now. Many thanks for your kind help & time.
    Desi Friends | Desi Forums
    Bollywood Ringtones | Desi Recipes
  • I-Web
    • Mar 2004
    • 3.6.x

As a person that has migrated several sites from phpbbfm to vb successfully i can honestly say you will not look back once you have done it so i will try and answer your points 1 by 1.

1. Depending on server specs yes it will load faster

2. Yes it is called vbadvanced and it is free

3. No there is no demo version for download

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...