This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ~Volvagia~
    • Jul 2006

It's impossible for me to save up money, as most of my money would go towards video games. I'd love to get a vBulletin forum, but it seems quite hard to get one.

Comment

• RichM
      • Jan 2003
      • 4.0.x

Originally posted by ~Volvagia~
      It's impossible for me to save up money, as most of my money would go towards video games. I'd love to get a vBulletin forum, but it seems quite hard to get one.
      Jelsoft (The people who make vBulletin) do not host the software for you. Their product only offers the software package and you'd need to find a web host as well as purchase a vBulletin license in order to use vBulletin.

Also, currency really isn't an issue over the internet, not when paying by credit card anyway. I am from the UK and I purchase things that are priced in USD on a regular basis. The same applies for all developed countries.

Comment

• ~Volvagia~
        • Jul 2006

Well, no one in my family has a credit card. Web host...? I've been trying to look for a free web host, but with no luck at all. It seems everything on the Internet costs money, money which I don't have.

Comment

• Creepshow
          • May 2005
          • 3.5.x

Well, no one in my family has a credit card. Web host...? I've been trying to look for a free web host, but with no luck at all. It seems everything on the Internet costs money, money which I don't have.
          If there's one thing I've learned in life, it's this:

Nothing comes free.
          "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

• ~Volvagia~
            • Jul 2006

I'm only 15 you know, so I didn't really expect everything to cost money.

Comment

• Floris
              • Dec 2001

Well, lesson learned.

Regardless .. vBulletin does cost money as we're selling it commercially and we can't offer you any discounts unless you purchase in bulk.

You can place an order here: http://www.vbulletin.com/order/

Thank you for your interest in the vBulletin forum software and we're looking forward to your purchase. Please let me know if you have any further pre-sales questions.

Comment

• ~Volvagia~
                • Jul 2006

$160.00 each?! That's a rip off!! No one in their right mind would pay for that!!
                Last edited by ~Volvagia~; Sat 29 Jul '06, 3:52am.

Comment

• Mafukie
                  • Apr 2000

$160.00 each?! That's a rip off!! No one in their right mind would pay for that!!
                  There are a lot of crazy people out there, because a *Lot* of people bought the software... Check out a free message board, you will be happy playing around with it, and it won't cost you anything.

Comment

• ~Volvagia~
                    • Jul 2006

Most of the free forums I've tried to use are very complicated! I've tried heaps of different forum hosts, but I never stick with them because I have no knowledge of HTML, CSS etc. That's why I never keep them, as HTML and CSS can help make them look better. vBulletin looks easy, that's why I want to use it.

Comment

• Creepshow
                      • May 2005
                      • 3.5.x

Most of the free forums I've tried to use are very complicated! I've tried heaps of different forum hosts, but I never stick with them because I have no knowledge of HTML, CSS etc. That's why I never keep them, as HTML and CSS can help make them look better. vBulletin looks easy, that's why I want to use it.
                      vBulletin is certainly NOT a rip-off. You get what you pay for. And that's quality software, and quality support.
                      "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

• ~Volvagia~
                        • Jul 2006

Does anyone have any suggestions for easy-to-use *free* forum hosters?
                        Last edited by ~Volvagia~; Sat 29 Jul '06, 4:19am.

Comment

• RichM
                          • Jan 2003
                          • 4.0.x

Does anyone have any suggestions for easy-to-use *free* forum hosters?
                          Finding a host and uploading vBulletin is easy, my dog could do it! Although, you cannot get vBulletin for free. There are free web hosts out there, but these are generally not recommended for hosting dynamic scripts such as bulletin board software.

Comment

• ~Volvagia~
                            • Jul 2006

Dynamic scripts? What's that?

Comment

• WurkAnimal
                              • Aug 2005
                              • 3.5.x

No vBulletin is not free. vBulletin is a UK company not American. It won't be a problem if you pay in English pounds or American Dollars, it will still take the same amount f money out of your account but in the currency you have.

You can see the prices here.

Comment

• Gomjaba
                                • Jan 2005
                                • 3.5.x

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                                FYI, Jelsoft is a UK based company, not a U.S. based company.
                                whats U.K ?

j/k
                                I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol like some thinkle peep I am!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...