X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TCB
    • Jun 2004
    • 4.1.x

VAT is more profit for vbulletin?

I noticed that I'm suddenly required to pay more for vbulletin since I'm from Europe.

How do I know that the paid VAT is going to the country that requires this extra VAT on software, and not that it is just extra profit for vbulletin?
  • Anonymous999
    • Aug 2005
    • 4.1.x

I would guess that vBulletin ( Jelsoft Enterprises Limited) has a registered VAT Number here in the UK, which means they will be passing the VAT you get charged to the HMCustoms and Excise here in the UK.

If it was more profit for vBulletin then i as a VAT registered limited company here in the UK I would also be making more profit for every sale i make!

Sadly i am just an another unpaid tax collector for the UK Government!

Comment

• Colin F
      • May 2004

As an UK-based company, in accordance with European Union tax regulations, we are required to charge VAT. If this were a ploy to make more profit, it'd be illegal.
      We're sorry you're affected by this, but there's nothing we can do about it.
      Best Regards
      Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Dec 2000

We file tax returns with Companies House that you can obtain for a small fee, these should contain VAT returns but afaik it wont apply until next years return since we've just started collecting.

We only apply VAT to those in countries which require it, non-EU residents dont need to pay VAT.
        Last edited by Colin F; Mon 19 Jun '06, 11:41am. Reason: Europe != EU
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• Icheb
          • Nov 2002

Originally posted by TCB
          I noticed that I'm suddenly required to pay more for vbulletin since I'm from Europe.

How do I know that the paid VAT is going to the country that requires this extra VAT on software, and not that it is just extra profit for vbulletin?
          How do I know you're reporting your complete income to the government and not report only 50% of it, to make more profit?

You have to put some faith in the Jelsoft execs that they don't want to face a couple years of prison time for tax evasion.

Comment

• KimmiKat
            • Jul 2003

The it would be called "JailSoft!" VAT is more profit for the government.

Originally posted by Icheb
            You have to put some faith in the Jelsoft execs that they don't want to face a couple years of prison time for tax evasion.
            Kim

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...