• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TruthElixirX
    • Sep 2004
    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Colin F
    Beta versions don't count
    The beta versions of vBulletin 3 or 3.5 aren't available any more after, since the beta period has ended.
    I realize this, but that is not what is usually stated. Beta is a version. I constantly read "all versions". Just suggesting it is made a bit clearer in the future.

Comment

• siNix
      • Jul 2004
      • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

indeed, now i have to downgrade because i cant upgrade my vbulletin anymore.

i think a beta version is just like a criticale patch, you have to update it to besure you run a save version.
      Last edited by siNix; Mon 19 Jun '06, 1:01pm.
      turn around, 180 times?

Comment

• KimmiKat
        • Jul 2003

It probably needs to say "All versions except beta versions are available..." It's like a bus schedule...each person will interprit it differently.

Originally posted by TruthElixirX
        I realize this, but that is not what is usually stated. Beta is a version. I constantly read "all versions". Just suggesting it is made a bit clearer in the future.
        Kim

Comment

• Onimua
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by siNix
          indeed, now i have to downgrade because i cant upgrade my vbulletin anymore.

i think a beta version is just like a criticale patch, you have to update it to besure you run a save version.
          No, just the latest stable version. There's a different between patch and a new version.
          Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• KW802
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by TruthElixirX
            Speaking as a programmer... No, betas are not considered to be a "version" in the traditional sense. When vB 3.6 is released it will most likely be version "3.6.0" and not "3.6.3" or "3.6.4" or whatever number the betas go up to. The betas are just snapshot previews of what will be released in the future as a version. That's the whole point of a "beta" release, to give a preview (whether for testing or review), not a working stable version that is supported.

We (the vB community) are a bit lucky actually that Jelsoft lets us play with the betas so that we can plan accordingly for when the production version is actually released. In short, having access to the betas is a perk that Jelsoft gives to their licensed customers.
            [URL="http://coolscifi.com"]Cool Sci-Fi[/URL="http://coolscifi.com"] | [URL="http://awalkerbit.me"]Walking Dead[/URL="awalkerbit.me"]

Comment

• siNix
              • Jul 2004
              • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

1 question, why is the beta release now gone in my members panel.

Should be their then if it`s released before my licence expired?
              turn around, 180 times?

Comment

• Colin F
                • May 2004

As was said above, beta versions are more of a preview than a real version and thus aren't available for download with an expired license.
                Best Regards
                Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• BrandNIC
                  • Nov 2004

With the Beta being a unstable version, Why not wait for it to go gold, Pay the 30 measly bucks and enjoy another year of updates.
                  I've Gone to find Myself, If I return before I get back (Keep Me Here)

Comment

• feldon23
                    • Nov 2001
                    • 3.7.x

siNix,

It was not reasonable to switch to the first beta of a new version of vBulletin right before your download rights were about to end unless you intended to renew for $30 and keep up with the betas.

If you planned on staying with an old version for any length of time without upgrading, it would be much safer to do so with 3.5.4 (which is the latest stable release) than the first beta out the gate.

Maybe you didn't see that your download access was expiring until after you downloaded it?

Comment

• siNix
                      • Jul 2004
                      • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

no no , i knew my licence would expire in a week , but vb3.6 was already for download.

A week later it was still downloadble, when my licence got expired for over a week, it dissapears suddenly when beta 2 was released.

Sorry for my englisch, and yea guy`s i understand that i have to pay another time, ( doing it for a few years now )

I only thought it was strange ...
                      turn around, 180 times?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...