X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • harmor
    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by coffeefix
    On another note I Will be getting an owned license tomorrow btw.
    Congrats!
    If you're planning on using 3.5.4 and upgrading once 3.6.0 goes stable you should try not to edit the files or templates too much.

Comment

• Fusion
      • Aug 2001
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by coffeefix
      On another note I Will be getting an owned license tomorrow btw.
      Welcome to the fold, my child.
      Toddler from Hell

Comment

• Mike Anime
        • Oct 2004
        • 3.7.x

i am happy to see the 60 day option there and maybe a fullyear is a tad greedy what about somewhere between 4 to 6 months ?

i am trying to save for a licence as it seems i won't be able to get my old one back anytime soon

vB is a great product and if i could earn more than 700.00/mo ide already have an owned licence (again)

Comment

• tacticalnuke
          • Jun 2006

If you already had an owned license you can upgrade for $30 back to full support (every year).

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mike Anime
            i am happy to see the 60 day option there and maybe a fullyear is a tad greedy what about somewhere between 4 to 6 months ?

i am trying to save for a licence as it seems i won't be able to get my old one back anytime soon

vB is a great product and if i could earn more than 700.00/mo ide already have an owned licence (again)
            Mike since you have an owned license all you need to do is renew it.. ? I'm confused.

Comment

• KimmiKat
              • Jul 2003

Me too, unless he sold it off...

Originally posted by Zachery
              Mike since you have an owned license all you need to do is renew it.. ? I'm confused.
              Kim

Comment

• feldon23
                • Nov 2001
                • 3.7.x

Originally posted by harmor
                If you're planning on using 3.5.4 and upgrading once 3.6.0 goes stable you should try not to edit the files or templates too much.
                Shouldn't need to edit PHP files at all in vB3.5 or vB3.6.

Comment

• Mike Anime
                  • Oct 2004
                  • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Zachery

as kimmi guessed i transfered it to someone and they might never use it and i can't get in contact with him ATM to have it re-transfered to me.

Comment

• RMS-Chef
                    • Aug 2003
                    • 3.8.x

I think it would be nice if say after paying three years of lease fees that your license converts to an Owned. Then your getting your $250 for the software as one of the staff mentioned and you reward the loyalty.

Comment

• badblu01
                      • Feb 2004

i am happy to see the 60 too as i did suggest it earlier in this big thread
                      Cricket Talk
                      All Your Aussie + World Cricket Talk

Comment

• Blue-inc
                        • Mar 2006
                        • 4.0.x

Wow, for a professional upgrade, that cost a lot of money! - could some one complain against that?? :P j/k (as I need to get an upgrade soon :P)

It's nice to see the 30 to 60 day change. And it's nice of vB staff to do that.
                        Armored Vehicles . My Blog . Obama 2012 .

Comment

• ptesite
                          • May 2006
                          • 3.5.x

Okay, so let me see if I understand this.

After reading all this, I feel that an owned license is the way to go.

I purchased a leased license on May 17th, and if I understand correctly I have until July 17 to pay the extra $80 or whatever it is to upgrade to an owned license.

Then, after July 17, 2007, I'll need to pay $30 a year for upgrades, should I so choose.

Am I right?

Comment

• Zachery
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • Jul 2002

You'll need to contact us about that I'm not sure if the policy change is retro active.

If you upgrade to the owned license, its only an additional 30/yr for access to new versions.

Comment

• gulldarek
                              • Nov 2001
                              • 1.1.x

Originally posted by dan1088352
                              damn, I make that and then some is 3 days, and I have a low paying job woking 6hrs a day at a fast food joint
                              I've been talking about average salary, not my as programmers usually earn much more than police, firemen, etc. :-)

Comment

• ---MAD---
                                • Jun 2005
                                • 3.8.x

$250 dollars is not much of a raise from 160 dollars. However no one would want to pay more.

People will complain until they find out they will get no where in small cases like this. Always happens .

However, if they did raise the price, people that have a license would be safe i presume. So basically, get shopping

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...