Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Keyser520
    • Feb 2006

Buying other copies..

I am a VB customer with one website that has vb (www.runeescape.net). I am wanting to use VB on two other domains and on one subdomain. Do I need to buy more copies? Is there a discount? Also, is there any credit for referring friends to buy vb?

Thanks
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

Hi

Yes, you will need a license for each instance of vBulletin you run.
    From the third leased or owned license on you will recieve bulk discounts.

You can sign up to our affiliate program, which is managed by cj.com if you like. See this page: http://www.vbulletin.com/about.php
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• Keyser520
      • Feb 2006

can i get a discount on purchasing a new license if i can prove that one of my friends already bought a copy off of my recomendation?

Comment

• Colin F
        • May 2004

Probably not.
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• Keyser520
          • Feb 2006

So the fact that I have bought this for one site, got a friend to buy it for his, want to buy it for two other sites--- and can't get a discount? That's 4 purchases total!

I want to buy vb for the next site, but it's a bit expensive when compared to ibpro or something of that nature, which I could get for 30 bucks.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

I would suggest signing up to our affiliate program if you are going to be actively referring people to purchase the software. You will get money for each license bought.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Keyser520
              • Feb 2006

can I actively refer myself through that program? I.e... since I'm about to buy 2 more copies

Comment

• James Kojiro
                • Jun 2004
                • 3.6.x

I really think that might be hard considering that Jelsoft might consider that Affiliate Fraud, but who knows, maybe they will accept it?

Comment

• Week
                  • May 2006
                  • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Keyser520
                  can I actively refer myself through that program? I.e... since I'm about to buy 2 more copies

I can't speak for Jelsoft directly - but as an Affiliate of several companies I do know they do not allow you to use your Affiliate status to give yourself a discount. Jelsoft may have a different policy - but I highly doubt it.

Comment

• Floris
                    • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Keyser520
                    I believe in the past this might have been an option, but no longer since 2006.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                      • Aug 2000

When you purchase your own licenses, cumalative discounts are built-in to the price providing you have 3 or more of the same license type.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• zooki
                        • Jun 2006

Well, i have already bought a license and am new to Vbulletin.

Although have been making websites for years, i always stayed clear of VBulletin because of the price. However, i have read a lot of praise about it so am testing it out.

Im certain if the price was lower a lot more people would buy it.

Right now i need to determine whether or not it is good idea to purchase more licences or go for another forum......

Comment

• Onimua
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by zooki

Although have been making websites for years, i always stayed clear of VBulletin because of the price. However, i have read a lot of praise about it so am testing it out.

Right now i need to determine whether or not it is good idea to purchase more licences or go for another forum......
                          Have you signed up for the online demo? What about the full feature list?

You'd be surprised how people actually say that their price is too low for what they are getting. 24/7 support, free security updates, and only a $30 renewal fee for new new downloads after a year is over (only on the Owned license). Not to mention all the free add-ons, hacks, plugins, skins, modifications, and much more at vBorg. How can you beat that?

Even before you are a customer, look at all the help you're getting. Just ask, and we can answer.

EDIT: Oh well, read your post again and saw you bought it... oh well, answer still stays the same.
                          Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• James Kojiro
                            • Jun 2004
                            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by zooki

Well, the price is quite reasonable considering what you are getting, mind you. While I too was against purchasing vBulletin due to the price (back when the days when Invision was still free), I bought my first licence and the only regret I have is that it wasn't an owned licence ^_^.

vBulletin is a GREAT discussion board solution.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...