X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rolla
    • Jan 2005
    • 3.6.x

how can vB remain so cheap?

I know you've had the same price since 2000 but in the last year the dollar has fallen to €0.70 equivalent. So, at this point you end up making only 70% of last year. I'm not saying keeping the price is wrong but I fear for the developers starving to death and I couldn't have that happening.
  • KingSpade
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.5.x

I honestly don't think you need to worry about them starving. Even with 10 license sales per day (we're using Owned fees here), that'd be a little over $100 per license made, so $1,000 per day or $7,000 per week. Given a 4 week span, we're looking at $28,000 a month. This estimate doesn't include renewal fees, leased licenses or additional services.

While I have no guarantee they make that much, I am using a simple estimate here. I don't expect anyone to disclose actual sales per day, though with the popularity of the software, I think 10 per day is a safe to low estimate of sales-per-day.

We're all behind the software else we wouldn't be using it, given that, most of us are repeat customers and repeat renewals for the company. There's little reason to worry.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...