Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Robert Fogt
    • Nov 2005

What happened to CMS?

I seem to remember visiting the site awhile ago and saw a notice on the front page about a CMS system you guys were making. Now it is gone, or was I imagining things?
    OnlineConversion.com
  • ManagerJosh
    • Jun 2002

Still no official word from Jelsoft on it's development.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

This is an official word that there's no official announcement yet with any details about any development or ETA or features (if any). Sorry!

Personally I wish it was done in 2004.

Comment

• Sovereign
        • Jun 2004
        • 3.7.x

It's like Blizzard and StarCraft 2. We know they're (going) to do it, but they won't admit they are and won't put anything up for us to see. There is a good, FREE CMS at www.vbadvanced.com (called vBCMPS).

Comment

• SaN-DeeP
          • Dec 2003
          • 1.1.x

vbadvanced from www.vbadvanced.com is one of the best CMS for vbulletin today.
          TechArena - TechArena Community - Technology News - Tools Download - Tech Video - Gamer Guide - Hardware Review

Comment

• ManagerJosh
            • Jun 2002

vBadvanced is more of a Content Portal System; it's not really a true CMS.
            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• SaN-DeeP
              • Dec 2003
              • 1.1.x

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
              vBadvanced is more of a Content Portal System; it's not really a true CMS.
              well I have been researching over last couple of months for a CMS for vbulletin (readymade 3rd party solution which can integrate well with vb) but unlucky here..
              If you are aware about any product/CMS which can integrate well with VB kindly mark them here.. pricing is secondary.

thats true vbadvanced is a content portal system, but makes a good presentation of your site/forums compared to default layout (my personal opnion here)
              Thanks.
              TechArena - TechArena Community - Technology News - Tools Download - Tech Video - Gamer Guide - Hardware Review

Comment

• WATW
                • Feb 2006

Joomla or Drupal

phil-taylor.com had a bridge for vB with Mambo/Joomla and Tamarian has built a more integrated connection between vB and Drupal - http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...ghlight=drupal
                Wild About The World

Comment

• Sovereign
                  • Jun 2004
                  • 3.7.x

I think it's www.phpportals.com they have a vBulletin CMS but it's basically PHPNuke if I remember right so it has security holes that compromise vB's bulletproofness And there is something called Subdreamer that does phpBB, vB and IPB but it's expensive and I'd rather pay that to Jelsoft...not a third party.

Comment

• TruthElixirX
                    • Sep 2004
                    • 3.6.x

vB drupal is by far the best content management system I have found, integrating with vB or otherwise.

Manage photos, aritcles, sorties, blogs, reviews, etc all from one CP. <3 :P

Comment

• Above Top Secret
                      • Jul 2005
                      • 3.5.x

NEPHP has vbulletin integration- I've only used it for a few weeks now but so far it's running fine, with no problems. I'm also running the newest beta of the program.

There is also the VGportal for those running a gaming community/website.

Comment

• xDSL
                        • Apr 2006
                        • 3.5.x

Hi,
                        For Joomla 1.x you can try with BBpixel. The price is $20.

Comment

• Floris
                          • Dec 2001

Thanks everybody for pluggin your fav. CMS, but this thread is about vBulletin's own product.

Comment

• WoodiE
                            • May 2002

Originally posted by Floris
                            Thanks everybody for pluggin your fav. CMS, but this thread is about vBulletin's own product.

Floris,

Don't kid yourself - there is no Jelsoft CMS, someone mentioned it years ago and after that it's been nothing but vaporware.

I've heard Duke Nukem Forever will probably be released before Jelsoft releases a CMS.

-Michael
                            Debt-Made-Easy.com: Get out and stay out of debt.

Comment

• FASherman
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Floris
                              How can you have a thread about vaporware?
                              pSeriesTech.Org (vBulletin) -> Power-Systems.Org (xenForo)
                              POWER to the people

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...