Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smoothfuego
    • Apr 2006

question about skinning before I buy

I'm interested in buying a vbulletin forum but I'm just wondering if I pay for them to install it on my server/website how will I be able to change it to the style and look I want so it'll look like my website, is it like editing a html page??? (just wondering never done a forum before)
  • feldon23
    • Nov 2001
    • 3.7.x

vBulletin uses templates. Each template contains HTML and a few bits of logic (conditionals, javascript, etc.). To display one area of the forum, such as the forum home, you might see 10-15 different templates combined to make that page. One template is just the navigation bar. One template is the header. One template for each forum name/description. vBulletin is quite easy to customize. The color scheme is done by changing CSS values in a nice control panel.

Comment

• nVaux
      • Jun 2004

check out the admin demo
      http://www.bitmonkeys.com - Visit us

- nVaux

Comment

• smoothfuego
        • Apr 2006

thank you for your help but I mean to basically edit the look of the forum to your own design, how do you do it, do you have to edit a html template page typa thing or just the images???? (I'm kind of confused about that)

Comment

• harmor
          • Aug 2003

To make it unique you need to edit a lot of templates but you can edit the images and CSS to change the look.

Comment

• feldon23
            • Nov 2001
            • 3.7.x

What's your definition of a new design? Can you give us an example website of what you want it to look like?

Comment

• smoothfuego
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by feldon23
              What's your definition of a new design? Can you give us an example website of what you want it to look like?
              like this http://www.vbulletinclub.com/index.php?styleid=71 , so it's like a personal design thing

Comment

• feldon23
                • Nov 2001
                • 3.7.x

vBulletin doesn't use 1 or even 10 HTML files. There are nearly 150 templates that are glued together in different combinations to create the look and feel of the forum.

You'll have to modify the header, footer, navbar, and a few other templates at minimum to get a look like that.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...