X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dcabbar
    • Mar 2006

Joomla Integration

Hi,

I have a Joomla site that uses SMF for the forum section, and since I have been dealing with too many bugs (bridge + forum bugs), I am planning to switch to vBulletin for the forum part, which needs to be integrated into Joomla.

So, I was wondering what people think about the bbPixel's integration production (jvb: joomla-vbulletin)? Do you think it is stable enough? Does it cause too many headache or is it pretty straightforward? Can you please share your experience about this?

As far as I can see, at this point there are mainly 3 options for this:

1. bbPixel, seems to be the most reliable, but still having doubts.

2. vBridge: not updated/supported anymore

3. Joomla/vBulletin connection+mods: looks like these are still in the early development phase, and people are complaining about bugs...

It looks like bbPixel is the only viable option at this point, but I am not sure how stable it is. I would really appreciate it if people who are using this can tell how stable it is, and whether it is production quality or not. Basically, is it worth switching or will I continue have headaches/nightmares...

Thanks...
  • twitch
    • Apr 2005
    • 4.2.x

bbpixel has been great for me. I haven't had any problems and they update the bridge almost immediately after a vb or joomla update.

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
      • Sep 2001

Whats the link to bbpixel?
      Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• dcabbar
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra
        Whats the link to bbpixel?

Comment

• TCattitude
          • Feb 2006
          • 3.8.x

Comment

• twitch
            • Apr 2005
            • 4.2.x

Thats not a very good integration, bbpixel is full integration

Comment

• wda2015
              • May 2001

do you have the file jvbPlugin.1011.360.1 it seems not to be there?..
              Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

• SaN-DeeP
                • Dec 2003
                • 1.1.x

alternative is to use amember from www.amember.com
                TechArena - TechArena Community - Technology News - Tools Download - Tech Video - Gamer Guide - Hardware Review

Comment

• dragonhart
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 3.6.x

Originally posted by dcabbar
                  Hi,

I have a Joomla site that uses SMF for the forum section, and since I have been dealing with too many bugs (bridge + forum bugs), I am planning to switch to vBulletin for the forum part, which needs to be integrated into Joomla.

So, I was wondering what people think about the bbPixel's integration production (jvb: joomla-vbulletin)? Do you think it is stable enough? Does it cause too many headache or is it pretty straightforward? Can you please share your experience about this?

3. Joomla/vBulletin connection+mods: looks like these are still in the early development phase, and people are complaining about bugs...

It looks like bbPixel is the only viable option at this point, but I am not sure how stable it is. I would really appreciate it if people who are using this can tell how stable it is, and whether it is production quality or not. Basically, is it worth switching or will I continue have headaches/nightmares...

Thanks...

Go with BBpixel, they have great support, always upgrade to the latest joomla and VB release, never had a problem as long as I first made a backup of the website, then upgraded, thats my experience. Dragonhart...
                  heres my website if you want to see joomla V1011 and VBGold 3.6 working, and have had no problems as long as the bbpixel matches the version of joomla and vbulletin. BBPixel in the install provides great plugins, so you can see new memebers, who's online, top posters to name a few, comes with BBpixel. So there ya have it thats my experience .http://www.mobildesigns.com ya need to register to see the forums, reply to the email, to complete registration.

Comment

• wda2015
                    • May 2001

does anyone have a link to bbPixel download that works..
                    Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

• dragonhart
                      • Aug 2006
                      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by WEBDosser
                      does anyone have a link to bbPixel download that works..

here ya go........this is the main page, you can't download until you pay for the product, then they email, you the relevant info, and update your account to allow you to go to the download page and then you can download to your hearts content for a year.

Comment

• tyler_d
                        • Aug 2006
                        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by dcabbar

There is a 4th option which is to custom integrate it yourself based on your own individual needs. It will take more work for sure, but if you get it right, it's a heck of a lot better than any of the above 3 options.

I took the time to do this myself (about 2 weeks of work to integrate the following systems: Joomla, Community Builder, aMember Pro, Joomlaboard) and it was well worth the investment in my opinion None of the little quirks that you might experience if you were dependent on someone else's interpretation of all the fields that should've been integrated.

ImpEx did help a little when migrating the Joomlaboard forum posts, but I had to retro sync a lot of other post fields after the fact. Community Builder's plugin system also helped a lot with the Joomla core sync functions, but some of the joomla core still needed to be hacked for init session & remember me cookie login elements. Plus a little plugin had to be run from vBulletin for two way login sync (the "on at Global Startup" event, I believe).
                        Last edited by tyler_d; Sun 17 Sep '06, 10:12pm.
                        -Tyler D.

Comment

• sinjix_media
                          • Apr 2006
                          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by tyler_d
                          There is a 4th option which is to custom integrate it yourself based on your own individual needs. It will take more work for sure, but if you get it right, it's a heck of a lot better than any of the above 3 options.

I took the time to do this myself (about 2 weeks of work to integrate the following systems: Joomla, Community Builder, aMember Pro, Joomlaboard) and it was well worth the investment in my opinion None of the little quirks that you might experience if you were dependent on someone else's interpretation of all the fields that should've been integrated.

ImpEx did help a little when migrating the Joomlaboard forum posts, but I had to retro sync a lot of other post fields after the fact. Community Builder's plugin system also helped a lot with the Joomla core sync functions, but some of the joomla core still needed to be hacked for init session & remember me cookie login elements. Plus a little plugin had to be run from vBulletin for two way login sync (the "on at Global Startup" event, I believe).
                          Is there anyways you can help me custom integrate just VBulletin and Joomla?
                          3D Resources - A list of resources for 3D Developers
                          After Effects Resources - A list of resources for design in motion with Adobe After Effects

Comment

• wIrEs
                            • Dec 2006

i think it's a waste of money...

Comment

• SaN-DeeP
                              • Dec 2003
                              • 1.1.x

Originally posted by wIrEs
                              i think it's a waste of money...
                              Its worth the money for joomla powered sites who further seek a very good forum software
                              TechArena - TechArena Community - Technology News - Tools Download - Tech Video - Gamer Guide - Hardware Review

Comment