X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maximus
    • Jan 2006

Potential New User

Hello all,

I have a few questions about vBulletin before I decided on what I want to do with my website.

I am currently using PostNuke for my site. I love it, it has many features I am familiar with, most of all the downloads module. UpDownload to be exact. It allows members that I specify to upload files to the website for other visitors to download, with screenshots as well. This is my bread and butter to my website. Does vBulletin use modules per say? Is there such a thing for vBulletin that certain members I allow can use to upload their files?

I have seen vBadvanced, but don't know much about it either. Does this also cost money as well? What extra features do you get with vBadvanced? Maybe I should go there and ask? lol! I am hoping someone here uses it and can give me some insight about it though :-)

Convince me that vBulletin is what I should be using instead of PostNuke. I do love PostNuke, but I am very, very tired of the security holes and the hacked up 3 party modules to make my site a more feature riched website.

Thanks for your time,
    Potential vBulletin Owner
    http://www.bernertalk.com
    http://www.simracingdesign.com
  • RagnarokDensetsu
    • Nov 2005
    • 3.7.x

I am currently using PostNuke for my site. I love it, it has many features I am familiar with, most of all the downloads module. UpDownload to be exact. It allows members that I specify to upload files to the website for other visitors to download, with screenshots as well. This is my bread and butter to my website. Does vBulletin use modules per say? Is there such a thing for vBulletin that certain members I allow can use to upload their files?
    Yes, the built in attachment system can handle that quite well.

Convince me that vBulletin is what I should be using instead of PostNuke. I do love PostNuke, but I am very, very tired of the security holes and the hacked up 3 party modules to make my site a more feature riched website.
    vBulletin has many, many features included in just the base install, and countless more available at www.vbulletin.org. It is one of the most secure forum software on the net, and customer support is second to none.

If you'd like to try it before you buy a licence, check out the Admin Demo here. All of the basic features are available and you can use it for up to 24 hours at a time to get a feel for the vBulletin software.

If you want to hear what other customers have to say about vBulletin, check out the Customer Testimonials page.

And of course, actual vB staff can answer far more questions you might have than I. Hope this helps though.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...