Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nubela
    • Dec 2005

Integration with VBulletin

I'm planning to write an entire portal solution (classified systems) with a forum. However, I plan to integrate the user system with vbulletin, including the registration page. I'd like to know what information about this is available and how easy it is to do. Thanks.
  • ManagerJosh
    • Jun 2002

You are most likely going to find the answers you seek over at the codehacking community at vBulletin.com's sister site, vBulletin.org
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• dmm2020
      • Jun 2010

I realize that I am responding to an old post, but there is nothing on integrating vbulletin with shopping carts. Nothing.

Greystoke created oscCart but that is if you want full integration. If you want the forum to be standalone from the store, you are still SOL. If someone has that code, they just are not sharing. I even offerred a couple hundred dollars bounty for such code and that yields nothing.

What would help is if the STAFF of vBulletin made it EASY with an SDK that explains how to create mods that do just that.

vBulletin.org right now only produces small modules and hacks. Nothing fits with shopping cart integration at all.

Comment

• we_are_borg
        • Aug 2004
        • 4.2.X

Well vBulletin provides hooks in to the forum and cms but there is no help on users and there passwords. You still need to do that all by your self.

Comment

• funmasti
          • Oct 2009
          • 3.8.x

i guess its quite difficult. but nothing is impossible. you should have to pay big for this integration

*Edit* Oops the post is too old. i thought its new. its worthless to comment here *edit*
          Last edited by funmasti; Tue 29 Jun '10, 12:50am. Reason: i didnt see the topic's start date
          Mastiya

Comment

• feldon23
            • Nov 2001
            • 3.7.x

After 4 1/2 years, there's absolutely no movement on vBulletin integration or a member API. So even though it's a 4 1/2 year old topic, it's still a current issue.

Comment

• kyrgyz
              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by dmm2020
              I realize that I am responding to an old post, but there is nothing on integrating vbulletin with shopping carts. Nothing.

Greystoke created oscCart but that is if you want full integration. If you want the forum to be standalone from the store, you are still SOL. If someone has that code, they just are not sharing. I even offerred a couple hundred dollars bounty for such code and that yields nothing.

What would help is if the STAFF of vBulletin made it EASY with an SDK that explains how to create mods that do just that.

vBulletin.org right now only produces small modules and hacks. Nothing fits with shopping cart integration at all.
              Have you tried aMember Professional?

From their website:
              aMember is a flexible membership and subscription management PHP script. It has support for PayPal, BeanStream, 2Checkout, NoChex, VeriSign PayFlow, Authorize.Net, PaySystems, Probilling, Multicards, E-Gold and Clickbank payment systems (see list of integrated payment systems) and allows you to setup paid-membership areas on your site. It can also be used without any payment system – you can manage users manually.
              aMember Pro also supports integration plugins to link users database with third-party scripts, for example vBulletin, Joomla, WordPress (see list of integration plugins).
              aMember is a perfect membership software for selling digital subscriptions and downloads.

Comment

• slinky
                • Mar 2001
                • 1.1.x

Originally posted by kyrgyz
                Have you tried aMember Professional?
                Developer seems active. Always felt the program felt a little awkward in use and never could find anyone who actually used it. Would enjoy hearing some testimonials from people who have.
                My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

• Garthilk
                  • Dec 2009

You might want to check out Invision Power,

Their new IP.Nexus software is intergrated with their forums and has shopping cart support, supposed to be out in a few months too.

Comment

• Nosfer@tu
                    • Mar 2008
                    • 3.7.x

Maybe Jfusion has the solution you want ?

I have an integration of Joomla and VB, that works great.
                    - Its not Easy, but possible

Comment

• Loco.M
                      • Mar 2005
                      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Nosfer@tu
                      Maybe Jfusion has the solution you want ?

I have an integration of Joomla and VB, that works great.
                      - Its not Easy, but possible

last time I looked at jfusion, all they did was place the forum in an iframe which is not SEO friendly at all, has that been fixed?
                      -- Web Developer for hire
                      ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• Nosfer@tu
                        • Mar 2008
                        • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Loco.M
                        last time I looked at jfusion, all they did was place the forum in an iframe which is not SEO friendly at all, has that been fixed?
                        No this has always been an option.

I wanted the iframe solution, but SEO, Images and the problems this caused made me chose the normal version.

Userdatabase is Synced, Dual login, Usergroup asignment from vb to joomla and the discussion bot are the features I like.

Integration in a visual sence has to be done via CSS, but joomlart.com has done this in a way that gives vbulletin a very stylish and cool aperance.

I dont know if they use jfusion, I think they do though

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...