X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • obiztek
    • Oct 2003

Looking for SEO friendly Community Forum

Hi,

I am looking for SEO friendly BB for using it on some websites of our and clients.Either free ot little bit reasonable cost is ok

I am in the process of evalutaing various BB . My main requiremens are :-

1) Thread file extension should be html.
    2) It should work on both Linux , Windows hosting server

My question is that whether phpbb can be configure to generate HTML pages instead of regular php /asp / aspx pages.
  • RattleSnake
    Banned
    • Jun 2005
    • 3.6.x

If i understood correctly, this is a PHPBB question, and this is the vBulletin support forums?

Comment

• Creepshow
      • May 2005
      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by obiztek
      Hi,

I am looking for SEO friendly BB for using it on some websites of our and clients.Either free ot little bit reasonable cost is ok

My question is that whether phpbb can be configure to generate HTML pages instead of regular php /asp / aspx pages.
      Um, I think you want www.phpBB.com
      This is vBulletin.
      "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

• RattleSnake
        Banned
        • Jun 2005
        • 3.6.x

Hah! Im smart

Also, if you still need help, refer to this forum...

Comment

• TruthElixirX
          • Sep 2004
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by obiztek
          Hi,

Guys, I don't see anything there about PHPBB... He said "various BB" meaning diffrent ones and he said a reasonable cost is good. vB= very reasonable.

You can download .html extension type packages. And then there are some third party scripts at vb.org that use mod_rewrite and use the thread name.

Comment

• Quillz
            • Nov 2004
            • 5.0.X

If you decide to go with vBulletin, you can buy a third-party plugin (assuming you go with 3.5.1) called vB SEO for $149. Somewhat expensive, but again, you get what you pay for, and this plugin supposedly makes vB as SEO friendly as possible.
            Forums

Comment

• joeychgo
              • Mar 2004

vBulletin is just fine and SEO friendly out of the box.
              Building my Automotive Forum Network...
              Lincoln vs Cadillac - Mopar Forum - E Body Mopar Forum - B Body Mopar Forum - Pick Up Truck Forum - C Body Mopar Forum - FMJ Body Mopar Forum

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                • Jun 2002

Originally posted by TruthElixirX
                Guys, I don't see anything there about PHPBB... He said "various BB" meaning diffrent ones and he said a reasonable cost is good. vB= very reasonable.

You can download .html extension type packages. And then there are some third party scripts at vb.org that use mod_rewrite and use the thread name.

*cough*
                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• TruthElixirX
                  • Sep 2004
                  • 3.6.x

Didn't see it. You win.

Comment

• harro
                    • Nov 2004
                    • 3.5.x

Vbulletin when purchased is Search Engine Friendly out of the box.

And as a customer you will get access to a lot of plugins on the boards at VBorg. Many SEO plugins to choose from

David Harrison
                    Search Engine Optimization
                    CEO HaRRo Inc
                    Search Engine Optimization with SEOboard.net

Comment

• pacman1
                      • Jan 2008

Why buy a BB when there are so many freely avalible on net

Comment

• class101
                        • Sep 2007
                        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by harro
                        Vbulletin when purchased is Search Engine Friendly out of the box.
                        if vbulletin was search engine friendly out of the box then I don't see why vbseo is so popular and peoples cares to install it... vbulletin is as search engine friendly as phpbb out of the box but you'll have to go for a a SEO plugin like Nuhit SEO or vbSEO if you really would like to make your forum SEO because the authors have a focus on SEO where the vb team has not. Btw obiztek you can check on my forum in my profile , vbseo rewrites my thread pages to .html, it looks like what you're looking for.
                        security community

Comment

• poolking
                          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by class101
                          if vbulletin was search engine friendly out of the box then I don't see why vbseo is so popular and peoples cares to install it... vbulletin is as search engine friendly as phpbb out of the box but you'll have to go for a a SEO plugin like Nuhit SEO or vbSEO if you really would like to make your forum SEO because the authors have a focus on SEO where the vb team has not. Btw obiztek you can check on my forum in my profile , vbseo rewrites my thread pages to .html, it looks like what you're looking for.
                          You do realise that the post you are replying to is over 2 years old?

Comment

• DoE
                            • Sep 2007

And Pacman1 didn't even talk about SEO's, blatant trolling.

This thread should be closed.

Comment

• hornstar6969
                              • Aug 2005
                              • 3.8.x

lol I was wondering why the person was talking about vb 3.5.1 lol thread is 2 years old rofl.
                              Selling my BigBoard GamerzNeeds.net/forums Threads: 193 502, Posts: 1 540 045, Members: 718 566 It is listed here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...3#post18297060

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...