X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CommanderDEUX
    • Nov 2005

Proboards to VB

VB Staff,
    I have had a Proboards forum for quite a long time now. The problem is, I would like to upgrade to a VB forum, but unfortunately, I would hate to have to start fresh as I have a very popular forum.

Thusly, I was curious if you could convert any posts, lets use as an example, to a VB system.

This would be so much easier as I would not have to re-create my member database and create members manually and tell each one that their new password is "123456" let's pretend.

If a staff member could Private Message me this answer I would greatly appreciate this. Thank you very much.

-- CommanderDEUX
  • Mr.Design
    • Nov 2005

Since you need database access, and PB's doesn't give it, it isn't possible. I don't believe there is any way around this.

Comment

• Ditch
      • Nov 2005
      • 3.5.x

Your correct Mr.Design

Comment

• _| () R | Z
        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by CommanderDEUX
        VB Staff,
        I have had a Proboards forum for quite a long time now. The problem is, I would like to upgrade to a VB forum, but unfortunately, I would hate to have to start fresh as I have a very popular forum.

Thusly, I was curious if you could convert any posts, lets use as an example, to a VB system.

This would be so much easier as I would not have to re-create my member database and create members manually and tell each one that their new password is "123456" let's pretend.

If a staff member could Private Message me this answer I would greatly appreciate this. Thank you very much.

-- CommanderDEUX
        get in contact with jerry; http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/member.php?u=24628, he might be able to help. Because with proboards you dont have acces to the database a bot will need to be written that "grabs" all your posts (like the ezboard convertor).
        Originally Posted by Zachery
        John originally presented vBulletin to Infopop, they didn't take it, so he took it and sold it

Originally Posted by Martin
        We had to do a lot of arm twisting to get him to do it, though. I would imagine he still hates us.

Comment

• CommanderDEUX
          • Nov 2005

Okay, thanks for the support guys!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...