Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ericsson
    • May 2005

2 forums 1 VB?

Im going to start a site that sells VB skins. Is it possible to make a forum for support and one for demo?
    So its url/support and URL/demo

This means I dont have to add mod to any new skins, or will I not need to?
  • Jarin
    • Sep 2004

If you're looking to allow users to demo your skins, there is a skin selection menu on the lower left that can be enabled/disabled. You can maintain your support forum while this skin is active or inactive, and even force the support forum to use the default skin so there won't be any problems. Just make sure all your custom skins are supported by the forum, IE make sure all the templates are present in the new skins as well as the default ones.

If you are asking whether you can run two entirely different forums, for support and demo, the answer is most likely no. In order to have two different installations (databases), you'll need two separate licenses, though I believe you can accomplish what you are trying to do with a single license. Hope this helped.
    Lead Developer of Hero RPG - An original vBulletin RPG in the making (www.herorpg.net)

Comment

• MRGTB
      • May 2005

Originally posted by Ericsson
      Im going to start a site that sells VB skins. Is it possible to make a forum for support and one for demo?
      So its url/support and URL/demo

This means I dont have to add mod to any new skins, or will I not need to?
      If you talking about using the other board as a board just to display the skins you create as a demo skin board to the public. No, you can only do that if you owned two licences.

Comment

• Bloory
        • Feb 2003

Is it possible to pass a template id via the URL?

e.g. http://mysite.com/index.php&template=1 or somesuch?

Comment

• MRGTB
          • May 2005

yes.

example: http://www.garybolton.co.uk/vb/index.php?styleid=2

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...