X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimp
    • Nov 2005
    • 3.5.x

Test forum on an alternate domain?

Background: I have already read that a test forum is allowed as long as it is on the same domain and is publically restricted. I have a particular use case, and I am having trouble determining if it is covered under my current (owned) license. My current license is registered to: http://www.basicmatrix.com/forums/

Problem: I need to setup a test forum on basicmatrix.net, which is my company's internal network. The goal is to experiment with vBulletin's new plugin architecture, and to port our custom stand-alone task manager to be compatible with vBulletin. I have a lot of good plans, but the trouble is I am having trouble "selling" this idea to my co-workers. They are concerned this idea might not work, and we will have bought a second vBulletin license for nothing. If the idea does work, then I understand we will definately require a second vBulletin license when the board "goes live" (within our company walls).

What does the license say about this? I need to develop the application locally, but "local" is technically a different domain (basicmatrix.net). Would vbtest.basicmatrix.com satisfy the same-domain requirement?
    Last edited by jimp; Wed 2 Nov '05, 11:26am.

My small technology blog
    [translocator.ws]

Basic Matrix LLC
    [www.basicmatrix.com]
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

As long as it's password protected and in a directory named 'testvb' you will be fine.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• jimp
      • Nov 2005
      • 3.5.x

That is great news! Wish me luck...

My small technology blog
      [translocator.ws]

Basic Matrix LLC
      [www.basicmatrix.com]

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
        • Nov 2004
        • 3.8.x

Wish me luck...
        Good luck.
        Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...