Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feldon23
    • Nov 2001
    • 3.7.x

Meta tags and footer can be removed by editing templates.

Comment

• Removed-1078464
      • Oct 2004
      • 3.6.x

Right I understand that. Your talking meta tags and footer, but im talking about the view source that you mentioned could be removed.

If it cant be removed without a lot of trouble and time involved then im just going to write it off as a loss and deal with it as is.

It would be nice to remove everything that shows Vbulletin for various reasons, (nothing illegal or etc) but if its more headache then its worth then ill pass as mentioned before.

Doug

Comment

• Hooper
        • Apr 2001
        • 3.5.x

It's a difficult task to remove all of this. I asked steve to send me instructions on how to do this in a previous version and it's rediculous. A branding free option and the costs insued to get such should validate the necessity of having a branding free option toggle in the control panel that does this for you. Poke a button, enter your license, and the the jelsoft branding removed. I've taken the time to do all of this. It's not worth it.

Comment

• Removed-1078464
          • Oct 2004
          • 3.6.x

I beleive you, I really do, its just not worth it like you said.

Especially everytime they come out with an update or upgrade, then it wants to restore or revert everything back to default and you end up in most cases having to restore everything back how you had it, like when modifying phrases and stuff.

Thats why i hate modifications, I avoid mods like the plaige if i can help it, too many mods is one reason i left phpbb and came to VB.

It sure would be nice though to see more admin selections in the admin cp to enable and disable things though, instead of having to modify stuff.

The less modifying in VB the better is how i feel. More control over as many things in the admin cp please VB staff.

Personally as far as mods and upgrades go I would think that when Vbulletin gets upgraded to a new version or security patches that no modifcations should even be touched.

But what ever...

Doug

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

You can make vBulletin nearly brand free with a few phrase edits (which rarely need to be changed) and an edit to the headinclude template.

But to remove every refrence to the word vBulletin, that would be insane.

If no one can see that "vBulletin; Copyright Jelsoft 2000-2005" whos going to know?
            Surely if they visit the admincp the login interface (regardless of what image) and the style would tell any expirenced well known user what board their using. Ontop of that the general style would to.

Comment

• PakCafe Network
              • Oct 2005

Its impossible to do that unless you can skin very very well and you can mask the URL's

Comment

• Darth Cow
                • Oct 2001
                • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Hiding the word "vBulletin" from all files used on your forums would not stop someone familiar with vBulletin from recognizing your installation. The general style of pages and file names would give it away to anyone familiar with vBulletin. Removing anything that would give away your board as vBulletin would be possible in theory, but exceedingly difficult. To do so in a thorough manner you would need to rewrite literally every piece of code visible to users. Otherwise somebody could look at the code and recognize it as vBulletin.
                MTG Salvation.com | Forums

Comment

• Removed-1078464
                  • Oct 2004
                  • 3.6.x

Guys why do we keep adding to this discussion?

I've already indicated twice that I am not persuing this any further account of the time and effort involved. All I can do is remove the easy stuff and if they figure it out they figure it out.

It wasn't that big of a deal to me, I just thought it would be nice to not let them know who's program I was using. Nothing more nothing less.

Let's please move on, there's nothing to debate here.

Thank you to everyone who tried helping me out with this.

It was greatly appreciated.

Doug

Comment

• ChrisLM2001
                    • May 2003
                    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by dcpaq2
                    Guys why do we keep adding to this discussion?
                    Because it's pre-sales, and this is a feature for some customers, and they need to know what the Branding Free option allows.

BTW, did you get the help you needed?

Chris
                    "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
                    is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
                    ~~~
                    Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Removed-1078464
                      • Oct 2004
                      • 3.6.x

Because it's pre-sales, and this is a feature for some customers, and they need to know what the Branding Free option allows.
                      Whatever, Im not going to argue over it. Don't know how many times we need to tell them though.

BTW, did you get the help you needed?
                      Yes, the answer was its alot of work involved and not worth the hassle and effort.

Moving on...

Doug

Comment

• ChrisLM2001
                        • May 2003
                        • 3.6.x

It's a feature some are looking for, especially corporate customers.

And for the public record: your outlined needs here, it's not that difficult to achieve -- setting forum permissions and adding some conditionals (details that can't be provided in pre-sales, but in the support forums).

The vagueness is due to not helping thieves and pirates, not that it can't be done or impossible.

Chris
                        ~~~
                        Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Removed-1078464
                          • Oct 2004
                          • 3.6.x

Chris,

Now I understand what your talking about. Presales forum, makes perfect sense what your saying.

Since thats the case, let me re ask this question in the proper forum and see what happens if anything.

Thanks

Doug

Comment

• ChrisLM2001
                            • May 2003
                            • 3.6.x

Was waiting for you to address it in the support forums. Was looking for a thread earlier this morning, and didn't notice you did post until now. Best to have those questions publicly asked there, so everyone can cross check it for accuracy too (no one knows everything deal).

Chris
                            ~~~
                            Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...