Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimmyboy
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
    Yes you can delete your license number off the vBulletin files, HOWEVER please note that many ISPs today use the License information embedded within the PHP files to verify if you are licensed or not.

Should you decide to remove it please note that you are risking your site getting suspended, or even booted off your host.
    but in the member zone, i submited my website address, i guess it's ok to do so??

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

See post 12. But keep in mind it gives us Jelsoft the impression you have nullified the script and might distribute it. Anyway, you're permitted to do so (remove license number).

Comment

• Ace
        • Apr 2004
        • 4.2.X

Removing your customer number (from the one place I can think of that it is mentioned) will make it impossible to install the software...

Removing your LICENSE number, mentioned in every file, that's a whole different kettle of fish.
        My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
        vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• dieselpowered
          • Aug 2004
          • 4.2.X

Please forgive me for a second, however, what is the harm in having the number on the files?

It is not as if you can do a right click view source and see it??
          CommanderTalk.com --> www.commandertalk.com

Comment

• filburt1
            • Feb 2002

Originally posted by xtremeoff-road
            Please forgive me for a second, however, what is the harm in having the number on the files?

I believe the client-side files like Javascript files include it as well as the PHP.
            --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
            Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
            vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• ManagerJosh
              • Jun 2002

Clientside Javascripts never had the License number Filburt.
              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Floris
                • Dec 2001

Originally posted by xtremeoff-road

Users who browse your web site will not see your customer number or your license number.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...