Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forum Fighter
    • Aug 2005

A Couple Questions

#1 - Can you create multiple forums within one vB license. For instance, if I had a forum dedicated to a city and I wanted to have another forum within that forum dedicated to a particular sports team with a different design dedicated to that particular team. Would I be able to do this and furthermore would I be able direct another domain name to the other forum inside the main forum. Is this possible?

#2 - How easy are the upgrades and how often do people lose data during an upgrade?

#3 - If I wanted to run multiple licenses would it cost me $30 per license to stay current or would it be $30 per year and I would have the ability to upgrade all of them?

That's all, thank you in advanced for the help!
    Last edited by Forum Fighter; Fri 19 Aug '05, 10:02am.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

1. Each license is good for one installation of vBulletin, i.e., one set of vB files on one domain with one set of vB database tables. As an example, our support forums are all under one license:

As per the license agreement:
    "vBulletin license grants you the right to run one instance (a single installation) of the Software on one web server and one web site for each license purchased. Each license may power one instance of the Software on one domain. For each installed instance of the Software, a separate license isrequired. Modifications to the software or database to circumvent the one-license-one-board rule are prohibited."

You can view the license agreement here:

2. Upgrading is easy and when done correctly does not result in loss of data.

3. You can only use the files for one license on the URL for that license. They cannot be shared. This means you would need to renew all licenses.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...