Could this *Legally* be possible?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andy Huang
    • Feb 2004

Steve, what's the need of investigating when it obviously violates the terms of service?
    The Software is licensed only to you. You may not rent, lease, sublicence, sell, assign, pledge, transfer or otherwise dispose of the Software in any form, on a temporary or permanent basis, without the prior written consent of Jelsoft.
    Even if at one point it was a valid license, the moment they make a sales (IE: if I go and order now), the license they reassign me becomes invalid due to terms of service violation.
    Best Regards,
    Andy Huang

Comment

• KidneyBoy
      • Jun 2005

Well looks like some moron is trying to sell "hacked" software on there now.....At least the way he's got his post sounds VERY suspicious to me......

Take it easy
      KidneyBoy

Comment

• Luciano
        • Apr 2001
        • 3.8.x

could be.. but also maybe not... anyway even if he got the licenses for 160$ (probably discount if he got 500 licences) the guy is making lots of money...

@alfarin.. anyone can sell an owned license... you just send an email to vbull

look @ http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133124

as for the guy... i looked at his homepage.. it looks cheap.. but is really expensive..!!!!

go to the homepage and look at his hosting plans...

example:

the vbull probably includes his cheapest plan:

Monthly Fee $2.50 (in this case 8.90 with vbull)

Disk Space 125 MB
        Data transfer 6 GB/mo. and then... the feature..(or is it the catch? )

a bit lower you can read:

Don't forget we only charge 75c per one GB of extra bandwidth

lol---

i onlyhave 2000 users on a vb... and i get easely past 50 gig per month...
        what means its not 8.90--

but 44x0.75 = 33
        plus the initial 8.90
        that makes 41.90 a month..

would any of you have said anything if he would have said he was selling vbull for 41.90 a month??? (with 125 mb of webspace????)

i pay $120 with 80 gig of webspace and 1000gig of transfer..

Luc
        Last edited by Luciano; Wed 17 Aug '05, 7:11pm.

Comment

• BrandNIC
          • Nov 2004

Looks like he sold it on the 16th
          I've Gone to find Myself, If I return before I get back (Keep Me Here)

Comment

• brinnie

Originally posted by KidneyBoy
            On eBay, there's somebody claiming to sell a package with vBulletin along with hosting and the whole works for 8.99 ( http://cgi.ebay.com/Vbulletin-forum-...QQcmdZViewItem ) (I hope posting the link is okay) otherwise please edit away.

I just don't understand how this could *LEGALLY* be possible. I did notice that the seller is from Israel, so is this an issue of lax piracy laws? In any case I'm next to positive this is a "too good to be true" issue, but I'd like to know the "official" word on this.

Thanks
            KidneyBoy
            (Still waiting for 3.5 all nice and shiny to come out)
            that's my auction, thanks 4 ratting me out

Comment

• Andy Huang
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Luciano
              could be.. but also maybe not... anyway even if he got the licenses for 160$ (probably discount if he got 500 licences) the guy is making lots of money...

@alfarin.. anyone can sell an owned license... you just send an email to vbull

look @ http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133124

as for the guy... i looked at his homepage.. it looks cheap.. but is really expensive..!!!!

go to the homepage and look at his hosting plans...

example:

the vbull probably includes his cheapest plan:

Monthly Fee $2.50 (in this case 8.90 with vbull)

Disk Space 125 MB
              Data transfer 6 GB/mo. and then... the feature..(or is it the catch? )

a bit lower you can read:

Don't forget we only charge 75c per one GB of extra bandwidth

lol---

i onlyhave 2000 users on a vb... and i get easely past 50 gig per month...
              what means its not 8.90--

but 44x0.75 = 33
              plus the initial 8.90
              that makes 41.90 a month..

would any of you have said anything if he would have said he was selling vbull for 41.90 a month??? (with 125 mb of webspace????)

Luc
              Yes, I'm aware that you can sell your existing license (I got mine second hand as well!), but the auction in question is NOT selling his license second hand. He's simply allowing his customer to use his license (or so he claims), which falls under the reassigning part which is against the agreement with Jelsoft.
              Best Regards,
              Andy Huang

Comment

• snyx
                • Aug 2000
                • 3.5.x

would it not have been possible that the package included a special forum on a single licence then linked to a small server package for the asking price of $8.99 ? I mean it wouldnt take much modding to create sperate forums for seperate buyers, where no buyer could access another buyers forum. thus sorta selling out indavidual forums and hosting packs for an interesting angle. the only downside would be no access to admin cp.. but then again you have the beautiful mod cp. something to have considered before assuming illegal intent on the fellow.
                Last edited by snyx; Wed 17 Aug '05, 11:03pm.
                MSN: [email protected] | MAIL: [email protected] | FOLIO: mholman.com

Comment

• Anonymous999
                  • Aug 2005
                  • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Luciano
                  Luc
                  Is that per month or year ?

Whos your host ?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...