• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spotnik
    • Jun 2005

Hi everyone I'm new

I need some help
    i want to build a new vbilletin forum in israel
    it mast be in english and with approx of 50,000 users.

I know its possible becuse there is allready a forum in hebrew:
    www.fresh.co.il

questions:
    1- what hardware do i need? what kind of server?
    2- what is the version of vbulletin that i neet tu purchase and how much it costs.
    3- how hard is it to install and configure the software on my server untill it wiil be fully operational.

4- what other things i have to take to consideration..

thanks for your help
  • serc
    • Dec 2004

Here's the answer to your questions:

1: You will need a server that supports PHP and you will need a MYSQL databse.
    2: CLICK HERE to view the prices of vBulletin.
    3: You will have to edit a few files, a little PHP knowledge would be a bonus but not essential.
    4: CLICK HERE to view links to language packs.

Comment

• spotnik
      • Jun 2005

what do you meen

by 'server that supports SQL'
      when i'm going to by a server do i need a special hardware?
      or is it software issue?
      and how much quota i will need in my server?

Comment

• Colin F
        • May 2004

Hosts nowadays usually include MySQL and PHP, so no additional hardware is needed. Both are software solutions.

Quota depends on the size of your forum. The more active your forum gets, the more resources it will need.
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• CMilne
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by spotnik
          I need some help
          i want to build a new vbilletin forum in israel
          it mast be in english and with approx of 50,000 users.

I know its possible becuse there is allready a forum in hebrew:
          www.fresh.co.il

questions:
          1- what hardware do i need? what kind of server?
          2- what is the version of vbulletin that i neet tu purchase and how much it costs.
          3- how hard is it to install and configure the software on my server untill it wiil be fully operational.

4- what other things i have to take to consideration..

thanks for your help
          You don't sound like you know much, if anything about hosting or running a website. I don't mean to be offensive, but perhaps look at hiring someone with expertise in this area, or at least general knowledge to assist you, as these things cant just be easily done by anyone with any old knowledge.

And I have heard many stories of people wanting to start websites, who have spent a lot of money, been ripped off, purchased big ammounts of the wrong type of hosting which has no money back ( in some cases ). To prevent serious financial loss, it's probably best to find someone who actually knows a thing or two about running a vBulletin website, and as honest advice, don't purchase anything before you check it's the right place. I've heard of hosts who'll tell you that software will work on their servers, when it quite clearly never will.

Comment

• nexialys
            • May 2004
            • 1.1.x

as CMline said, you may have the need to require some support from a webmaster if you want to maintain your website, or at least buy one of the Support services offered by Jelsoft:

you can use a complete commercial installation from them, or ask for phone support...

btw, you can also hire a webmaster if you don't feel that much confident with such codes (liks 75% of site owners)...

you can even browse this forum here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11 that talk about hosting solutions...
            oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...