Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • etterra
    • May 2005

aMember and vBulletin

Is there anyone here with experience by combining vBulletin an amember?
  • groberthall
    • Dec 2004

I dont think they will combine. I use Amember on my site and it used to link to PHPBB so that anyone registering on the site was automatically registered on the forum but when I changed to Vb I wrote to Alex at Amember asking if it could do the same thing and he said it was not possible.

I think he may have explained why but it didn't make any sense to me
    Regards
    Graham.
    TheVIPzone.org ( A work in progress :) )
    The Visually Impaired Community Site.

Comment

• etterra
      • May 2005

to me he said that this should be possible... even to use amember as the memeber management system for vBulletin and typo3.

Since he is the seller of this product I came here to get some feedback on the usage of this software

Comment

• vbcore
        • Sep 2004

aMember and vBulletin do integrate, they integrate the user tables etc... It's a decent script, but not something I would recommend. What will you be using it for?

Comment

• etterra
          • May 2005

Hi vBcore

Why would you not recommend this script?

I'm looking forward to transfer my site into typo3 3.8 and vbulletin 3.5 (as soon it's out). I will have a paid membership area and a free area on my site - part of the cms and part of the forum are for paid members only. It's a informations service.
          To manage all members, the billing process, notification about expiered membership, credit cart billing, forum and cms page access and the different product options I'm looking for a script that can handle this.
          I came to amember and saw that it offers this.... why would you not recommend it and are there any better alternatives?

thx, ettera

Comment

• CMilne
            • Jun 2004

It's impossible for something to not be able to integrate, with the correct code, anything can integrate within the scripting language barriers, of coarse, if it's encrypted, thats a different story.

Comment

• groberthall
              • Dec 2004

I have been using Amember in much the same scenario as you are intending for about two years. I have found it to be an excellent program and Alex's support is amazing. He has fixed faults ( caused by me ) on more than one occasion without any hassle. ( his English isn't perfect but its a damn site better than my ... German ? )

I will have to checl back with him if he can integrate to VB now that would be good.
              Regards
              Graham.
              TheVIPzone.org ( A work in progress :) )
              The Visually Impaired Community Site.

Comment

• thedvs
                • May 2002
                • 3.6.x

I have just purchased Amember and it's awesome with its vbulletin plugin.
                I can now charge people for premium board content, offer free trials & much much more.

At the moment vbulletin doesn't cater for adult payment plans such as CCBill, Amember allows this.

Comment

• NBS
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 3.5.x

Originally posted by etterra
                  Is there anyone here with experience by combining vBulletin an amember?

sorry

Comment

• gigaenvy
                    • Jul 2004

Works perfectly fine. Amember is the front end for registration - free or paid. It creates a user in amember and injects the same username and password in the vbulletin DB. Amember resides inside the same MySQL DB as VB. This is a one update to the vbulletin tables. You cannot delete or add a vbulletin userid in vb admincp and then have it update in Amember. Amember controls adds, changes, and deletions.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...