Comparing Features... Need Advice

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JayCorcy
    • Mar 2005

I'm in a live chat with my hostings support working out a custom deal. The lowest I can go is 45.20 per month.

I get...

- 5 GB Bandwith

- 1 GB Storage

- cPanel X

- Fanistico

- 25 MySQL Databases

- phpMyAdmin

Well thats what I am working on right now. If I want 5 GB extra I can pay a one time fee of 5.50.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
      • Jun 2002

There are lots of other companies you can choose from as well.

Some of them include, but not limited to:

www.theplanet.com (recommended overall)
      www.servermatrix.com (recommended overall)
      www.steadfastnetworks.com (recommended, use to host Suprnova)
      www.ev1servers.net (recommended overall)

There are lots of hosts around. I'm sure you can find a MUCH better deal than what you are paying.

BTW, out of curosity, have you tried the Admin Demo?
      Last edited by ManagerJosh; Sat 19 Mar '05, 10:32pm.
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• JayCorcy
        • Mar 2005

Hmm. With this host if I buy 10 GB 10.00 is taken off my bill every month. Buying extra storage is a one time fee.

Yes I have tryed the admin demo. Is it alright if you could stop asking me to change?

Comment

• timmed
          • Mar 2005
          • 5.3.x

I've just downloaded MyBB to my server, so far while editing my info in my user CP I've gotten an error, but that may be my fault. I am glad that it works out for you, and thank you for sharing this info, the Admin CP looks surprisingly alot like the one on the vB admin demo. Personally, I know for my needs vB is better suited. I wish you luck in your endeavors with MyBB, hopefully there will be room for vB down the road eh?

As for hosting, I currently do the yahoo thing, this is my package http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/webhosting/wh2feat.php

Its working very well for me and I don't plan on moving anytime soon, unless vB doesn't work.

*For the vB people out there* No need to try and sell me, I was sold back in 2002, or was it 2001, when I was first introduced to it
          Last edited by timmed; Sat 19 Mar '05, 10:59pm.
          Tim

Comment

• TCM
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by JayCorcy
            I'm in a live chat with my hostings support working out a custom deal. The lowest I can go is 45.20 per month.

I get...

- 5 GB Bandwith

- 1 GB Storage

- cPanel X

- Fanistico

- 25 MySQL Databases

- phpMyAdmin

Well thats what I am working on right now. If I want 5 GB extra I can pay a one time fee of 5.50.
            I'm with asmallorange. 25GB bandwidth, 1 GB storage, unlimited databses, addon domains, ect, Fantitico, cPanel X, phpMyAdmin. $10 US And they have amazing support. As far as I can tell, you're being terribly ripped off.

Comment

asmallorange is good for starting a site, great support. You might want to consider pming zach about hosing to, last I heard he had something in the works.

I hope myBB works out for you, last I looked it was'nt even on par with vB 2. The code is well, bad compared to that of ipb or vB.

Comment

• JayCorcy
                • Mar 2005

Right now MyBB is canidate 4 and they are getting ready to release Gold. Hopefully very very soon.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...