Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

I guess youve not voice your opinion negitivly, in any slight way. I made a truthfull comment that was somewhat negitive about Invisions changes, within 30 min, my post had dissapeard :/

Comment

• Mike Anime
      • Oct 2004
      • 3.7.x

yup i did but in the customer section and they are still in the threads i posted in and its been a few weeks.

Comment

• Daniel P
        • Apr 2002

Actually you get support even after your download area access expires. That being said, that $30 is not for support, it's for download area access.

Comment

• Deimos
          • Oct 2002
          • 3.8.x

I'd never switch to IPB, their boards have become greed orientated and it's led to an overly bloated piece of software
          Plus the default style is tacky and to cluttered.

My investment in an Owned license of VB was the best investment I've ever made online, it's allowed me to create a great community of people and i've met some great friends through it to, so that $100+ was well spent

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Mike Anime
            ipb is a great product and i do like their prices as they include the tech support that you only get for one year here. if i get a lifetime licence i think i should get lifetime support included.
            When you purchase an Owned License, you get lifetime support of the software but only one year of upgrade downloads. The renewal fee is for further upgrades and in no way precludes support of your forums.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Mike Anime
              • Oct 2004
              • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
              When you purchase an Owned License, you get lifetime support of the software but only one year of upgrade downloads. The renewal fee is for further upgrades and in no way precludes support of your forums.

glad you mentioned upgrades with the yr IBP licence you get 5 free upgrades not sure how many you get in their lifetime licence.

though i am thinking of switching to vb good thing i didnt develope my forum style yet tho i do have a look in mind.

if i can get my IPB money back ill yse it for the yearly licence here till i can get an owned one..

besides support here is way faster i see

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

Upgrades (unhacked anyway) are very painless, upload new files, minus the images folder if your using custom images. and run the upgrade script.

Comment

• Scott Spain
                  • Sep 2004

Feature wise, Invision can't carry vBulletin's jock. I assume we all feel that way, or we wouldn't be here.

The only way I see Invision being a good value is with their hosted solution. Unlimited forum storage (LOL @ "unlmited"), and there are benefits to hosting with the software authors. If vBulletin offered forum hosting, I'd be all over it. It would make troubleshooting a lot easier.

Comment

• Mike Anime
                    • Oct 2004
                    • 3.7.x

after this post from IPB i have decided to come here
                    um after i can scrounge the cash together for a licence.

Originally posted by Rikki,IPB STAFF QUOTE Oct 5 2004, 07:31 PM
                    Refunds aren't offered I'm afraid
                    [snapback]1043818[/snapback]
                    Last edited by Mike Anime; Tue 5 Oct '04, 4:51pm.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                      • Jun 2002

Depending when and if you made your purchase, if you feel you got ripped off, you could try for a chargeback.
                      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Zachery
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Jul 2002

Thats not a good mentatlity, I would hope that they allow resale of their license, as that would be the best, and most honest route.

Comment

• Mike Anime
                          • Oct 2004
                          • 3.7.x

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                          Depending when and if you made your purchase, if you feel you got ripped off, you could try for a chargeback.

its not like i feel like i got riped off i just want to use VB instead of IBP my quote above is from IPB

Comment

• Mike Anime
                            • Oct 2004
                            • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Zachery
                            Thats not a good mentatlity, I would hope that they allow resale of their license, as that would be the best, and most honest route.

afaik they dont so im screwed

sorry for the language.

Comment

• KamWest
                              • Sep 2004

I will go with vBulletin but my forum is quite large and customized so I'm a bit worried about the conversion from IPB 1.3. I would like to run a test vBulletin with a converted database to find out how much actually transfers over.

Too bad you have no 30 hosted trial or something, just so I could make sure the conversion works.

Comment

• Zachery
                                Former vBulletin Support
                                • Jul 2002

It works(jerry test the importers to an extreme ammount), Kam if you would like you could send me the database, and i can do a test conversion for you, I know thats not the best solution but it is the best i can personaly offer It brings over the default IPB information, but that is all.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...