Does vBulliten have a news/statistics exporter?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Branden
    • Dec 2002

Does vBulliten have a news/statistics exporter?

I am very close to jumping the fence from IPB to vBulliten. One think I need to know is if it has a news/statistics exporter like IPB's SSI function. Basically all you did was edit a template, set which forums you wanted exported, and include the file. I ahve seen something about the sindication feature, but it looks a bit confusing to set up. Are there any mods that handle this better?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Do you mean like an RSS feed?

Online Docs:
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Branden
      • Dec 2002

Kind of...

In Invision they have a file called SSI.PHP, and you call the various functions through ssi, or php includes. The makor differance I see, is that thier version uses editable HTML templates. But It should be easy to format if I use java script.

How do I write the Javescript ones?

Comment

• Andy Huang
        • Feb 2004

I don't think the ssi.php for IPB is built in for vB, however, as per mentioned, there is the external content feed provider. You can also try to ask around on vbulletin.org to see if there's people with something similar to IPB's SSI.

The Javascript output provides something such as this (from my board)
        Code:
        function thread(threadid, title, poster, threaddate, threadtime) {
         this.threadid = threadid;
         this.title = title;
         this.poster = poster;
         this.threaddate = threaddate;
         this.threadtime = threadtime;
         }
         var threads = new Array(2);
         threads[0] = new thread(11, 'What Can I Look Forward For On Gogmia? (2004/07/18) - Discuss', 'Administrator', '07-18-2004', '06:40 PM');
         threads[1] = new thread(2, 'Gogmia Press Release (2004/07/14) - Discuss', 'Administrator', '07-15-2004', '05:48 AM');
        You can then parse the threads you want to use for your webpage.
        Best Regards,
        Andy Huang

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...