X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Python
    • Sep 2004

Convert phpBB to Vbulletin

At the moment im running a phpBB forum but im interested in changing into a vbulletin forum instead.

My forum however is slighly modded using the cash mod for phpbb etc...will this affect the conversion?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

It will affect the conversion only if you deleted or changed any of the original phpBB fields from the database.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• iCODY
      • Jan 2006
      • 3.5.x

i love vBulletin ...

PLZ contact
      mailto:[email protected] when u have thats converter phpbb to vBulletin
      Last edited by iCODY; Mon 23 Jan '06, 11:54pm.

Comment

• feldon23
        • Nov 2001
        • 3.7.x

Buy vBulletin and you can download a phpbb to vBulletin converter for free from the Member's Area.

Comment

• madam21
          • Jan 2006

i cant run impex on my computer for test move

hi
          i am wana to buy and migrate from phphbbplus 1.53 to vb
          i installed vb on my local computer and try impex on it but no chance to susseccfull move
          got this error :

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
          Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.
          An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.
          We apologise for any inconvenience.

Comment

• feldon23
            • Nov 2001
            • 3.7.x

For more help on using vBulletin, please post in the vBulletin Troubleshooting forum reserved for licensed owners of vBulletin forum.

Comment

• zwvo
              • Sep 2010

I do not own vbulletin as of yet, but have a phpbb3 forum with a few mods installed into it.

I understand that moving over all the users and posts will be of no problem, but I'm wondering what the situation is if I have a thank-post mod installed on my phpbb3 forum and would like to move over the database and information for that as well and possibly use the vBulletin thank post mod without having to reset the number of thanks each user has? Like-wise if I have a rate-topic mod.

Will these additional modifications (given that they have been installed correctly and mods chosen only from validated phpbb3 mods section.) have to be reset when using vBulletin? Or would it depend on the mod and how the database is arranged for each different phpbb mod and how similar it is to the way the database is arranged in vBulletin?

(I do realize this thread is old, but it's one of the first that shows up when I type 'phpbb vBulletin' conversion in google.)

Comment

• zwvo
                • Sep 2010

(ignore this post pls: I forgot to check e-mail notification and couldn't find a way to subscribe back to this thread without reposting).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...