Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RCDriver
    • Jul 2004

Looking to buy vB but I have a couple questions

I read that there's a subscription manager thing. What I plan on doing is having a yearly subscription fee, payable via Paypal or mail. Is this built right into the system?

Also I want to personally activate everyone's account. Because I want it set so you pay the membership and then you get activated. Or is there a way, once I get the money, that I can send an email out to let the person approve their own account?

Thanks,

Ian
  • c. medrano
    • Jul 2004

good question. I don't want to allow just anybody and everybody to join.
    I want to have "windows" of registration. Is this possible?

Comment

• Admiral Spock
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by RCDriver
      I read that there's a subscription manager thing. What I plan on doing is having a yearly subscription fee, payable via Paypal or mail. Is this built right into the system?

Also I want to personally activate everyone's account. Because I want it set so you pay the membership and then you get activated. Or is there a way, once I get the money, that I can send an email out to let the person approve their own account?

Thanks,

Ian
      You can do subscriptions via PayPal, but I am not sure about mail. You could manually activate the order, but I haven't used subscriptions yet so I don't know.

You can activate each registration (vB calls it moderate). I'm not sure if you can have people pay to register (with vB's standard features), but there may be a hack at vbulletin.org that can do this.

I reccomend you try out the admin demo to try out the subscription features for yourself -- then you can see how you'll go about what you want to do.

Good luck.

Comment

• RCDriver
        • Jul 2004

You can activate each registration (vB calls it moderate). I'm not sure if you can have people pay to register (with vB's standard features), but there may be a hack at vbulletin.org that can do this.
        Great. This is the main feature i need on my forum.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...