Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tribedude
    • Feb 2002

Version 3x vs. 2x on high traffic site

We currently run a reasonably high traffic site (200,000 page views a day) and have nearly 1.5 million posts in the db.

We are running 2.30

We will eventually migrate to the new version but I need to know a few things...What is the bandwidth overhead like on VB 3.x? All things and settings being equal, will the new version use more or less bandwidth than our current version?

How big of a deal is it to convert our existing version with its large database to the new version?
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

So far I have heard only positive replies from big sites who have migrated to version 3.

Let me get an article released on my site, might be fun for you to read.
    [InDepth] TeamXbox Forums Upgrading from version 2 to 3!

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

The new version will use more or less bandwith depending on some settings that are put into place, if you store your CSS as files and turn off no cache headers and make sure the wysywig is not enabled for the quick reply. then you will probaly notice a decrease in bandwith. vBulletin 3 overall is coded better and there are alot less of nested tables and the use of replacements has been made to use CSS instead, which when stored as an external file can grealty improve browsing times.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...