X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gladius
    • Dec 2002
    • 3.8.x

Importing UBB.classic polls?

How much longer before before UBB.classic poll topics can be imported into vB? I've been putting off switching to vB for two years because I was told that when vB 3 is released, a full importer will be available, but I see polls are still on the to-do list. Very disappointing.
    Former endorsement revoked. You know the saying - one rotten apple spoils the whole barrel...
  • Nervana
    • Jul 2002

Same with me.

Comment

• _| () R | Z
      • Oct 2002

its under development:

Development :
      Compatibility with 6.2, only gets about 75% of posts currently.
      Polls.
      as stated in this thread: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102412
      Originally Posted by Zachery
      John originally presented vBulletin to Infopop, they didn't take it, so he took it and sold it

Originally Posted by Martin
      We had to do a lot of arm twisting to get him to do it, though. I would imagine he still hates us.

Comment

• Gladius
        • Dec 2002
        • 3.8.x

Now scroll up and read my post. More carefully this time.
        Former endorsement revoked. You know the saying - one rotten apple spoils the whole barrel...

Comment

• Gladius
          • Dec 2002
          • 3.8.x

Am I talking to a wall here? Anyone from vB? Steve? Jerry?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

The importers are undergoing continual development. Importing Polls is new functionality which requires a lot of work because of the way Infopop stores the data. If it were straightforward it would have been in there already.

All we can say is monitor the status of the importers in the status thread. As they are updated that thread is updated.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Gladius
              • Dec 2002
              • 3.8.x

I know what it entails, I've been asking for it for 2 years now, I've heard all about it. Just haven't seen any results yet. *sigh*

Comment

• Gladius
                • Dec 2002
                • 3.8.x

Still nothing, and Jerry has ubb.classic 6.7 on the list as "(done)". Hello?! Polls make 1/4 of our posts, how can you list something as "done" when your importer only gets 3/4 of it? For pete's sake, if you can't come up with a decent complete importer, at least invent something that will take a snapshot of the polls as they are when the importer is run, and import that. ANYTHING, just do SOMETHING!

Comment

• Nervana
                  • Jul 2002

VB should improve poll at first to be more advanced like UBB or more, then importer will be available at that time.

Comment

• Gladius
                    • Dec 2002
                    • 3.8.x

I'm sick and tired of having to beg for this over and over, still without any results. I promised my community we'll be getting rid of UBB and upgrade to vB as soon as 3 comes out. Now it's been out for months, and still no sign of a complete importer. But hey, I'll soon get so sick and tired of this crap I'll just pay for UBB again and you won't hear from me any more. As for my community, I'll just tell them Jelsoft ate their promises about a complete UBB importer, so we can't switch to vB. I'm sure they'll understand.

Comment

• Zachery
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Jul 2002

I dont wish to appear rude, however the importer gets almost everything else without fail, it would seem to me a few polls would not be a large worry. Ive rarely seen polls used on most sites.

The important stuff does get imported, posts, threads, forums, users. And if ive read this right, only 75% of the polls get imported for 6.2 not 6.3-6.7 however i could be wrong.

Comment

• Gladius
                        • Dec 2002
                        • 3.8.x

I dont wish to appear rude, however the importer gets almost everything else without fail, it would seem to me a few polls would not be a large worry. Ive rarely seen polls used on most sites.
                        Well, our site's not like most of the others you've seen then. We've got thousands of topics with polls in them, which become completely meaningless if the poll isn't imported along with the topic. Do you think I'd be making this fuss if polls weren't a large worry to us?!

And if ive read this right, only 75% of the polls get imported for 6.2 not 6.3-6.7 however i could be wrong.
                        Yes, I believe you are. As far as I know, Jelsoft never had an importer for polls with any version of UBB.

Comment

• Zachery
                          Former vBulletin Support
                          • Jul 2002

If i had a ubb board to test on i would go and do it, however i dont.

Comment

• Gladius
                            • Dec 2002
                            • 3.8.x

Doesn't Jerry have a test one he used to make importers?

Comment

• Zachery
                              Former vBulletin Support
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Gladius
                              Doesn't Jerry have a test one he used to make importers?
                              Im sure he does, i just dont have access to them

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...