Convert from wowbb and some other questions.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sjaakie
    • Apr 2004

Convert from wowbb and some other questions.

Hello,

vbulletin looks very nice and I'm interested in using it. I'm having a dutch board and saw there is no dutch translation but there is a dutch site and they are making a translation, hope it is finsished soon.

My board is running wowbb and I'm wondering how hard it will be to convert it to vbulletin? Can I get help with it?

Is it simple to change the lay-out, so I can place the user information at the left of the post instead of at the bottom. And is it possible to put the date/time into a quote? So you see something like:

On thursday 14 april 2003 sjaakie said:

testetstetsbbfhfhfh
    ?

Hope you can answer my questions.
  • kanezfan
    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by sjaakie
    Hello,

vbulletin looks very nice and I'm interested in using it. I'm having a dutch board and saw there is no dutch translation but there is a dutch site and they are making a translation, hope it is finsished soon.

My board is running wowbb and I'm wondering how hard it will be to convert it to vbulletin? Can I get help with it?

Is it simple to change the lay-out, so I can place the user information at the left of the post instead of at the bottom. And is it possible to put the date/time into a quote? So you see something like:

?

Hope you can answer my questions.

I think the date and time are in the quote by default

oops, i was wrong. but it can't be too hard, just edit a file and add a date() in there. but yeah it's easy to change the layout, vb3 is all templates, if you know a html, you're good to go.

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

Im fairly sure that there is either an offical or unoffical wBB importer, i remeber talk of one, but imt not sure, so dont quote me.

After rereading, is your system really called wowbb ? if so we dont have an importer but you should still contact the email below and ask if its possible.

Your best to send a email to [email protected] and ask about one.

Comment

• sjaakie
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Zachery
        Im fairly sure that there is either an offical or unoffical wBB importer, i remeber talk of one, but imt not sure, so dont quote me.

After rereading, is your system really called wowbb ? if so we dont have an importer but you should still contact the email below and ask if its possible.

Your best to send a email to [email protected] and ask about one.
        Okay, thanks for both your answers, I will send a mail later this day.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

There is no import script for wowbb nor is any planned for the near future. You can try asking over at vbulletin.org for someone to help you write a custom script.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Ecron Daemon
            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            There is no import script for wowbb nor is any planned for the near future. You can try asking over at vbulletin.org for someone to help you write a custom script.
            I send an e mail at [email protected]. but I make the question also here...
            In the next relase of the importers for vb3, there will be an importer for Woltlab burning board (Wbb)? I've actually wbb 1.2 (the free version) and I've also bought (about a week ago) a owned license of vb . I should need absolutely the conversion from my actual forum to the new one running on vb.

Comment

• sjaakie
              • Apr 2004

One more question, the archive function supports search friendly url's, but can you use searchfriendly url's in the normal forum too?

And, is it possible for users to set their own pagesize? So I can set it on 100 posts per page and a modemuser can set it on 15?
              Last edited by sjaakie; Tue 13 Apr '04, 2:12pm.

Comment

• Icheb
                • Nov 2002

And, is it possible for users to set their own pagesize? So I can set it on 100 posts per page and a modemuser can set it on 15?
                That is easily adjustable in the User CP.

Comment

• sjaakie
                  • Apr 2004

One more question, the archive function supports search friendly url's, but can you use searchfriendly url's in the normal forum too?
                  Someone who knows this?
                  Maybe I'm a pain in the ass, but I would like a good forum, and I want to pay for it as it is good..

Comment

• Icheb
                    • Nov 2002

Should be possible with Apache's mod_rewrite and editing the templates.

Comment

• hollyboy
                      • Mar 2004

If you are talking about wbb maybe know as burning board, there will be an importer script ready soon (I hope ). I'm talking about wbb 2.1

I know that because I need it also.

Comment

• TheAnt06
                        • Nov 2003
                        • 3.0.0 'Gold'

There really is a wowBB, and it looks like crap http://wowbb.com

Comment

• Scrubby
                          • Jan 2002

I think it actually looks pretty nice.
                          Last edited by Scrubby; Wed 14 Apr '04, 6:41am.

Comment

• hollyboy
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by TheAnt06
                            There really is a wowBB, and it looks like crap http://wowbb.com
                            I thought he was talking about wbb
                            Anyway I understand why he wants to turn to VB

Comment

• sjaakie
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Scrubby
                              I think it actually looks pretty nice.
                              Well, in most ways it works nice too, but i'm missing a lot of things that are in vbulletin.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...