Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DWZ
    • Jan 2002

Owned License

Quick question. I have an owned license that has expired. When I say expired, I mean, it's updates have run out.

If I were to renew it today and get members area access for another year, would the year start from today, or from the day the previous license expired?

So, my members area ran out on 15th Feb 04, will my new license expire 15 Feb 05 or 11 March 05?

Thanks

Yay, members area extension only costs $40 now with the exchange rate
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

If the expiry date of a owned license was yesterday or a week or a year ago, and you renew it today, you get 12 months from today on.

Comment

• DWZ
      • Jan 2002

yay

Thanks floris

Comment

• Charlie Argueta
        • Oct 2003
        • 3.5.x

A question, if I have a owned and expired and then what, half of year or the next year I want to have access again do I have to buy again the license or just renew the expired one?

See Ya
        | vBulletin Hispano |

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

You can wait a day, a month a year whatever and renew the OWNED license if you need to download software or updates again.

You don't have to purchase the license again. The owned license is a lifetime license.

A leased license has to be updated every year and when that expires, you have to renew it or buy a owned license .. if you dont renew a leased license after it expires then you have to remove it from your server. (can't use it until its properly renewed again)

So in your case; nope, don't worry An additional $30 for another 12 months will apply rather then having to buy a new license.

Comment

• Charlie Argueta
            • Oct 2003
            • 3.5.x

Originally posted by floris
            You can wait a day, a month a year whatever and renew the OWNED license if you need to download software or updates again.

You don't have to purchase the license again. The owned license is a lifetime license.

A leased license has to be updated every year and when that expires, you have to renew it or buy a owned license .. if you dont renew a leased license after it expires then you have to remove it from your server. (can't use it until its properly renewed again)

So in your case; nope, don't worry An additional $30 for another 12 months will apply rather then having to buy a new license.
            Thanks
            | vBulletin Hispano |

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...