X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Indy
    • Jun 2002
    • 3.6.x

Bandwidth at vBulletin.com

If you consider this to be proprietary information and rather not disclose, I completely understand. But, I am curious to what your bandwidth usage has been since the first of the month or even last month. My site is growing and I may have to seek alternative hosting (hopefully not) and I need a ballpark estimate on how much bandwidth I should look for.

My current host does not have any stats for me at this time so the only thing that I can really compare to is # of threads, posts and concurrent users. I understand that there are way too many variables involved, but I'm just trying to get a feel of it all and start putting together a direction that I may have to go in for the future.

My site:
    Threads: 35,000
    Members: 12,895
    Average On Line Users: 250 - 300 during peak hours.

Thanks!
    Dan
    Version: vB 3.6.4
    RFC Server: (2) Dual Core Intel 5130 Woodcrest Processor 1333 FSB | 4GB RAM | (2) 146GB 10K RPM SCSI/SAS Hard Drives RAID 1 | PHP 4.4.4 | Apache 1.3.37 | MySQL 4.1.22 | XCache 1.2.0 with Optimizer = Off | APC APC-3.0.12p2 (temporarily disabled)
    Host: ThePlanet
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

The bandwidth differs per site and you can check your system logs from the previous months to see the traffic and speed used and find a hosting account that can handle this.

vBulletin.com might use only 25% attachments unlike your site, but also has a member area and more sites hosted on the same server, which could tripple the average traffic count.

Even if vBcom has 15 or 150 or 1500 gb traffic each month, it might not be the right account for your web site.

I believe that at this moment they are hosted on a dedicated server at ventures online that hosts all the official Jelsoft sites.

You could check up on the accounts for dedicated hosting at ventures online and compare those against what you want, and have. You can then compare that against the same type of packages on servermatrix and other top100 hosting providers.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...