X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drumsy
    • Jul 2001

Originally posted by Jerry
    Firstly, no.

Secondly there is a meeting tomorrow about all this and there will be an announcement on Friday.
    This is very unfortunate. What line of communication can I pursue to express my dissatisfaction in this unexpected turn of events?

Comment

• Jerry
      • Dec 2002
      • 1.1.x

Originally posted by drumsy
      This is very unfortunate. What line of communication can I pursue to express my dissatisfaction in this unexpected turn of events?
      I belive emailing [email protected] with your views is the normal way to do something like that.
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• Gladius
        • Dec 2002
        • 3.8.x

As I explained to Jerry in PM, what I need is an importer which will also handle polls. All the UBB importers thus far haven't been able to import polls. We, however, have several hundred (if not thousand) poll threads which we simply can't afford to lose. I'd love to give my money to you guys and not to Infopop, but I simply can't afford to lose that much data through importing. I've been assured repeatedly in the Pre-sales forum over the last year that once vB 3 is released, there'll also be an importer for UBB.classic which will handle polls. Actually, I believe you, Steve, told me that, on a few occasions.

I've been holding back on switching to vB for over a year just because I couldn't import with polls intact. And I'm sure I'm not the only potential customer here with this issue. I've been sticking with UBB.classic 6.5 for this long just because I wanted to be able to import to vB 3 as soon as it's released, so hearing that the importer still can't handle polls at this point was a major letdown. If anything, we need polls now more than a year back. There's another year's worth of them now. So until vB can transfer polls as well, I'll have to stick with UBB.classic, like it or not (and believe me, I DO NOT like it). So I'm really hoping I see the importer with the promised features soon.
        Last edited by Gladius; Wed 24 Mar '04, 12:50pm.
        Former endorsement revoked. You know the saying - one rotten apple spoils the whole barrel...

Comment

• Gladius
          • Dec 2002
          • 3.8.x

So is there any hope of an importer script which will also transfer polls, or should I forget about vB and upgrade my UBB.classic instead? Please don't keep me waiting any longer if the official decision is not to bother with polls, and just say it openly. I've had more than enough waiting already.
          Former endorsement revoked. You know the saying - one rotten apple spoils the whole barrel...

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
            Former vBulletin Developer
            • Apr 2000
            • 3.6.x

I've actually been helping Jerry with some poll stuff in the last few days. It's not the easiest thing to import, but we're definitely working on it.

Comment

• Gladius
              • Dec 2002
              • 3.8.x

I realize importing polls is much harder than the rest of the stuff, but since it's a decisive factor when it comes to converting to vB (for me, and I imagine quite a few others)... Well, I'm counting on you now to come up with it. Let me know if you need a tester or anything.
              Last edited by Gladius; Fri 26 Mar '04, 5:29am.

Comment

• jluerken
                • Jul 2003
                • 4.2.X

My importer is available now. UBBT 6.2.x to vb3 gold

Read here
                This is a discussion forum powered by vBulletin. To find out about vBulletin, go to http://www.vbulletin.com/ .

Comment

• Pasqualis
                  • Apr 2004
                  • 3.6.x

About half a year ago, I bought UBB threads and I'm now running version 6.4.
                  At first I was very satisfied with it: good speed, good support, active developers community etc... but lately I feel Infopop is "loosing it". And now, looking at version 3.0.0 GOLD I think I will make the switch!

BUT... is there an importer for my ubb.threads 6.4 version ?

Thanks,

Pasqual

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                    • Jun 2002

Just wanted to post a quick note to say that the UBB to vb3 importer that will be released soon is excellent! The work Jerry has done to make sure that UBB forums import without flaw is superb! It catches nearly everyhting you can think of. It's been sometime in development, but I have to commend both Jerry and the rest of you

It doesn't appeared to be release, however I think you can special request it to Jerry and he can provide it for you (i think the Jelsoft team are still doing imports currently themselves so you can fill out a import request form and they will take care of it for you)
                    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• AWS
                      • Apr 2000
                      • 5.2.x

Check at vb.org. There is a full convertor for Ubb.t 6.4 and under made by one of the users.
                      Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

Some problems with the server have delayed the release of the importers last I heard. IIRC they where getting a new server ready and where going to release the importers shortly after the move.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...