X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmottle
    • Apr 2003
    • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 4

New UBB importer for vb3 - Kudos

Just wanted to post a quick note to say that the UBB to vb3 importer that will be released soon is excellent! The work Jerry has done to make sure that UBB forums import without flaw is superb! It catches nearly everyhting you can think of. It's been sometime in development, but I have to commend both Jerry and the rest of you guys for the incredible support I have received over the past several months and during the convertion of my forum. I have worked with A LOT of companies and I have to say hands down the support I get from you guys is beyond compare. Thank you to all!

For all you existing UBB users out there time to make the switch to vB. If for no other reason that searching (which is about 1000 times faster) I would highly reccomend moving over. Although the rest of the features are nothing to laugh at either. The conversion is virtually seamless.

Thanks for a job very well done!

Jeff Mottle
    President
    CGarchitect.com
  • ManagerJosh
    • Jun 2002

Very nice site you have Jeff! I popped on in and see people really enjoy your move to vB3
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

The great ubb import script is one of the main reasons I came over to vBulletin in the first place. Im glad to see the vB 3 import script will be even better then the last one

Comment

• _| () R | Z
        • Oct 2002

you were some kind of a test subject to see if the new script (ubb -> vb 3) worked flawless?
        Originally Posted by Zachery
        John originally presented vBulletin to Infopop, they didn't take it, so he took it and sold it

Originally Posted by Martin
        We had to do a lot of arm twisting to get him to do it, though. I would imagine he still hates us.

Comment

• jmottle
          • Apr 2003
          • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 4

Sort of. I was on UBB 6.5 and they were working on making the exiting importer at the time work with 6.5. I helped by providing my forum for testing. This was happneing shortly before the developers were asked to start working on the vb3 importers so I ended up testing with my forum to ensure that the import worked well. I think there were a few others that tested their boards too.

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

Originally posted by jmottle
            Sort of. I was on UBB 6.5 and they were working on making the exiting importer at the time work with 6.5. I helped by providing my forum for testing. This was happneing shortly before the developers were asked to start working on the vb3 importers so I ended up testing with my forum to ensure that the import worked well. I think there were a few others that tested their boards too.
            Cool

Jerry did great work I guess and thankfully I have no UBB to convert

Comment

• ringo47
              • Jan 2004

When will this importer be ready?

I am running UBB 6.6.1 and the only thing that has prevented me from switching to Vbulletin is the lack of a importer.

Thanks.

Comment

• Floris
                • Dec 2001

Isn't there a ubb to vb2 importer? (and then just upgrade to vb3)

Comment

• ringo47
                  • Jan 2004

To my knowledge what currently exists for a vbulletin to UBB importer will only handle up to UBB 6.5

UBB make significant changes in going from 6.5 to 6.6. So unless someone can tell me otherwise I do not believe vbulletin has an importer for UBB 6.6.1

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
                    Former vBulletin Developer
                    • Dec 2000

There is an importer that will be released with vB3 developed by Jerry which is complete to UBB 6.5. If anyone has a UBB 6.7 data that they can provide jerry would definately be grateful.
                    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• ringo47
                      • Jan 2004

What type of data is required for UBB 6.7 to develop an importer? Maybe I can help.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                        • Jun 2002

Originally posted by ringo47
                        What type of data is required for UBB 6.7 to develop an importer? Maybe I can help.
                        A complete MySQL dump probably would help
                        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• jluerken
                          • Jul 2003
                          • 4.2.X

And here we go in short with a UBBThreads importer for vb3 :-)

Comment

• ringo47
                            • Jan 2004

I'm referring to UBB Classic 6.6.1 NOT UBB Threads.

Comment

I belive the data (stored in files) would be all that is needed, I would contact jelsoft about it privatly

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...