Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrsDraper
    • Feb 2004

Can someone help me please?

I would like to know if someone can please help me.

I am a banned member of of a vbulliten message board. I do not mind that I am banned, although I would dispute the fact that I violated any rules. (I was persecuted for my religion)

That doesn't matter.

What does matter is that some personal information about myself is on the board, including photographs of my children and location information. When I attempted to delete this information from the board (due to a personal threat I received via email), the "edit" function was removed from the board. Immediately after that, I was banned. My information is still on the board, and my family is in jeopardy due to that.

The board administrators (who greatly suffer a God complex) have refused to remove my information from the board. This puts myself and my family in jeopardy. I have been receiving numerous threats via email. I have also been told that my address and phone number have been distributed by board members.

I am contacting law enforcement regarding the threats. . .but I am ADAMENT that my private information be removed off this board immediately.

Can someone please help me???

Is there a department for which to file a complaint? What is my level of recourse to protect my family from these psychotic individuals??

Sincerely,

Mrs. Draper
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Hi there, sorry to hear you are experiencing any issues with being a members of a community.

Unfortn. if the staff decide to modify your permissions that result in being unable to modify your profile .. nothing we can do.

You could try to find out where they are hosted, then read those terms of services and see if they are in violation and discuss it with the hosting provider. But otherwise I wouldn't know. You should be able to get peronal details removed upon request.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
      • Jun 2002

As floris said, there isn't much you can do. You might be able to get some resolve with that boards are hosted and getting them to remove the details with a court order (maybe).

Other than that, I don't think you can do much.
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• rebelsrock06
        • Jan 2004
        • 3.6.x

if you have a friend thats a mod or supermod see if you could persuade them to do it, if its and admin thats telling you no.

Im not i would do what your doing and contact alw enforcemnt and if that doenst work try Interpol if this is an international VB board. they will have jurisdiction over it, ( i hope )

i am so sorry to hear this is happending to you
        Rebel Designs Studios

Comment

• Reverend
          • Jul 2002
          • 4.2.x

Do they have a Privacy Statement in place.If you know the link check it out.(its normally in the footer).There may be a section on it regarding "Disclosure of personal information".

Techzonez - Tech News
          Techzonez Forums - Tech Community

Comment

• MrsDraper
            • Feb 2004

thank you

Thank you. I have contacted law enforcement, as well as made a written request for them to remove the information.

What a difficult lesson to learn.

Comment

• MrsDraper
              • Feb 2004

one more question

How do I find out where they are hosted??

Thanks

Comment

• Mr. HillBilly
                • Jun 2003
                • 3.0.0 'Gold'

whois.sc and goto domain explorer and type in the domain.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...